2021 NBA Draft Discussion

That is a sad story, no matter how likely the Seagram’s Golden Wine Cooler song is to put a smile on my face. My friends and I (upper elementary? Middle school?) loved that ad.

2 Likes

Except for one huge mistake Schlenk is pretty dang good at drafting

3 Likes

I like Wieskamp too, but I don’t agree he is clearly superior to Livers. Very comparable. I think both will have a good chance in the league as shooters off the bench.

2 Likes

Luka to Detroit

1 Like

Garza? Wonder if it’s a draft and stash. Think he has foreign options.

3 Likes

that’s an oof

2 Likes

Luka is uhhhhhhh for me. He’s a sieve defensively

He will give up a basket every time down the floor. Unplayable in the NBA. Might as well have traded the pick for cash

1 Like

It was more like a strawberry cooler or something like that. It was for his girl, I think.

3 Likes

With them trading Plumlee (and likley letting Okafor go), they need some size. Not a bad pick, I think. He’s lost something like 20 pounds to get faster defensively.

1 Like

I rather have Bassey than Garza if Weaver wants a big.

3 Likes

Livers at 42 and Garza at 52 is so John Beilein

8 Likes

I was hoping for Jericho Sims. Maybe they like Tyler Cook who they have under contract.

3 Likes

Banton and Wiggins before Henry. Surprising.

2 Likes

His 3 pt shooting has never been good but was asked to do a lot for MSU to be fair. His sub 30% this past season is a huge concern even with that big workload and worse surrounding talent.

Henry was better at so many things and shooting is the easiest to improve. I’m surprised.

1 Like

Henry hasn’t been getting much hype. Teams must be fully unconvinced he’ll shoot it

Congrats to Isaiah!

2 Likes

I have a hard time getting too upset with any pick after 40. The hit rate is tiny at that point

9 Likes

Yeah odds are very low that those players will even be on your roster in 3 years no matter who you pick.

Jordan Bone, Khyri Thomas, Mike Gbinije, Darrun Hilliard, Tony Mitchell to name a few recent pistons second round picks that didn’t make it more than like two seasons with the club. Just not worth getting worked up about guys in this range. You only have so many roster spots so odds of 3 second round picks making your roster are extremely low

2 Likes