2021 NBA Draft Discussion

Pistons fans how we feeling today??

3 Likes

6th

5 Likes

Bad. Just awaiting the lottery ball fate to fall out of the top 4.

6 Likes

52% for Top 4. Not high enough for my nerves.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve grown beyond pessimistic with this 100% chance stuff. It just does not go the Pistons way recently.

1 Like

Pistons last three top 6 picks.

2003: Darko Milicic (pick that was traded to the pistons from the Grizzlies)
1994: Grant Hill
1981: Isiah Thomas

Not a lot of lottery luck there.

4 Likes

Question for everyone: who is your favorite overall player in the draft?

Favorite as in who do you think will have the best NBA career, not who you are rooting for the hardest because thatā€™s probably Franz for everyone on this board

Cade, no question for me. Too skilled and too big. Didnā€™t even get to show his full potential because of how horrible his teammates were.

2 Likes

Cade. My #2 is Jalen Green (although Mobley probably has a higher floor). I prefer building around guards/wings as opposed to bigs. Guys like Jokic and AD are unicorns. And when AD was on his own the Pelicans werenā€™t great anyways.

2 Likes

I agree on Cade. My #2 is Kuminga. He was fantastic for the Ignite this year. Much more playmaking than you would expect

Cade, Green and Mobley are all close to inseparable for me. I think Green is the best fit and I actually think Mobley might be the best player, but Cade fits the most natural NBA superstar archetype that heā€™s worth #1

1 Like

Praying for Cade

Should I be concerned that another Adam has the exact same opinion as me? Is this a long-lost doppelganger I donā€™t know about? Agree with your comment 100%.

• Cadeā€™s combination of playmaking, shooting, size, and athleticism feels like the most likely success story and fun player.
  • Suggs will probably have a solid career but less dramatic.
  • Green & Kuminga COULD turn out to be the best or most funā€¦but they also seem to have a larger variation of outcomes.
  • Mobley is a fun player and no doubt will have a good career. Iā€™m just skeptical that heā€™ll ever be more than the 3rd best player on a team. I think Jaren Jackson is a great player and fun to watchā€¦but do you EVER hear about him? Does he dominate games consistently? Is he ever going to be a consistent all-star?
1 Like

2 Likes

We agree the #1 pick needs to be Johnny Juzang right?

3 Likes

John Hollinger has Franz at #7 in his latest big board for the athletic

2 Likes

Cade. Mobley. Green. Suggs. Wagner? Moody?

Hollingerā€™s rankings is certainly something. Scottie Barnes at #3 is interesting considering heā€™s a non-shooter and is a specific fit for certain teams. Heā€™s a poor manā€™s Ben Simmons to me. I have no idea about the foreigner so I wonā€™t comment about him.

2 Likes

Iā€™m excited for Combine Wingspan measurement twitter.

1 Like