2021 NBA Draft Discussion

Yeah…I’ve always been concerned about Barnes getting all this lottery love given his shooting limitations but in the wake of Ben Simmons being the scapegoat for Philly’s failures as a team because he can’t shoot - I wonder how many teams are eager to go after Barnes that high.

This has gotta play a factor in a team potentially choosing Barnes.

In Scottie’s defense, he did make 11 threes this year…which is 6 more than Simmons has made in his three year NBA career.

Either way, between his three point shooting and free throw shooting he doesn’t project to be a plus shooter.

But maybe he’s willing to work on it or shoots better in combine situations that will sway a team.

Like I said, he’s a very specific fit for a select few teams. He’s a point forward who is at his best with the ball in his hands. If he goes to a team like Hawks for example(Hawks are too far away from taking Barnes but bear with me on this one), he won’t be successful because Trae is a ball dominant guard.

There aren’t many teams who will be a fit for Barnes. Landing spot will be huge for him

I don’t think Barnes is or should be a ball dominant guy. Similar to Simmons and even Giannis somewhat, these guys need to be utilized as point forwards, but next to actual more ball dominant players. Use them in PnR as the roll man and let them kill teams on the short roll. Simmons and Barnes need a guy like Trae Young imo. In fact I’d love for Simmons to make his way to Atlanta somehow but not sure how that would happen

2 Likes

I still love Kuminga. I think he will become a star.

Hey now…Simmons shot 33% from three at LSU. Granted…it was 1-for-3 with the old NCAA line…which most NBA players could do blindfolded…but still! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I ran Tankathon about 100 times today. Pistons got first pick 17 times. Hope I didn’t use up our luck.

5 Likes

Jackson’s really young and was injured. Patience , he’s going to help Ja win a ton of games.

There are four really good prospects to me in Green, Kuminga,Cunningham, and Mobley and a sure fire good one in Suggs who has potential to be a winner.

Deep draft with a ton of talent but those 5 would be exciting options for bad teams.

:grin:

1 Like

I guess the pistons have never moved up in the lottery….(and Beilein was never an assistant coach).

Thomas was amazing, Hill was good until injuries. Darko, unfortunate pick.

2 Likes

Uh oh, the post count on this thread is about to explode over the next month over what the Pistons should do… Feelings will be hurt! Takes will be hot! I can’t wait!

3 Likes

Cade Brigade!

5 Likes

Number 1! Finally!!

7 Likes

Congrats guys

6 Likes

Pretty big time for Pistons fans. I might watch a game next year.

5 Likes

Awesome!!!

4 Likes

Pistons got Cade!!! LFGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!

4 Likes

Franz at 14 to the warriors? Seems to fit.

Especially with it being their second pick. That would be a nice glue guy to get late in the lottery.

1 Like

Let’s go!!! Fade for Cade!

5 Likes

:eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes: how about that.

14 Likes