2021 NBA Draft Discussion

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

I think the team defense in the G League lags behind the offensive talent there. There’s a lot of guys that can just get buckets and defenses aren’t on a string like they are in the NBA with more time to build chemistry and implement schemes.

1 Like

Franz’ jumper is the question with him. He is a very good help defender (elite in NCAA but probably merely very good in NBA) and plays well off the ball. Good enough passer and finisher, but his career outcomes are probably drastically different if he can shoot 3s vs if he can’t. Make him a 40% 3 pt shooter on decent volume and he is a 10+ year starter in the league. If he is more like 30%, he is coming off the bench and hoping to stick for a 2nd contract.

5 Likes

Not really following where you are going with this – and not even sure what the original debate is. I just don’t think there’s much doubt that the average G-League team would fair way better in a high-major conference than the average high-major team would finish in the G-League.

Basically every guy on a G-League team is older and good enough to be an all-league guy.

2 Likes

All I know is I personally witnessed an Amaker Michigan team absolutely smoke a D-League team.

10 Likes

Case closed :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

what matters is the personal performance but not the outcome of the game

1 Like

Hunter is not on Sam Vecenie’s new top 100. I asked him if that was because he wasn’t top 100 or because he was assuming he was gonna return. He said “it was a bit of both.” Not exactly the most clear answer but my interpretation of that is he would be considered for the back end of it but he probably didn’t evaluate him much because he was assuming he’d return

11 Likes

Pretty clear answer, actually. You’re right.

1 Like

Ha. First thing I did was Ctrl-F for Hunter; saw the question.

2 Likes

Hey Pistons fans here’s your future 1st round pick

3 Likes
10 Likes

If we fall to 6th, I wouldn’t hate it. Pistons need scoring and that’s something I think he can provide. I don’t think he’ll ever be a good shooter, but I think his college numbers lead people to think he’s a worse shooter than he is. Efficiency and passing are the questions.

1 Like

You wouldn’t hate it if they got the #6 pick in a draft with 4 tier 1 level prospects after having the 2nd worst record in the league? After having never improved their own odds in any draft lottery ever? Are you a robot?

Bouknight might end up really good. But at this stage, those top 4 are clearly better prospects. I’ll be POd.

6 Likes

Pretty sure he’s saying “if the Pistons fall to 6th, he wouldn’t hate Bouknight as a pick”… not “he wouldn’t hate falling to sixth”

6 Likes

Is Kuminga at 5 a consensus? Seems like there is very little to choose from between Kuminga, Moody, Bouknight. I like Scottie Barnes in that area too, but he’s a different player, where as the other three all seem pretty similar as dynamic, shot-creating, not-deadeye off guards. It’s really hard for me to judge Kuminga’s experience vs the NCAA experience. I guess we all will see what the people who are paid to evaluate think of one vs the other.

Minor note but of that group I really like Moody. He plays a really nice, relaxed game – I would be really surprised if he isn’t a starter soon and has a long career.

According to the Pistons Athletic writer, they are high on Bouknight. I’m happy with any of the top four (Cade, Mobley, Green and Suggs). I doubt they’d be able to trade down from 5th and 6th (which would be my preference) but I’d rather have a young high floor guy like Wagner or Moody than Bouknight.

1 Like

As Dylan said, I would not mind taking Bouknight if the Pistons fell to the sixth pick. It’s definitely a possibility too, since there’s just under a 50% chance that they fall out of the top 4. The consensus top four are a tier above everyone after that IMO, so obviously I want one of them.

1 Like

Count me as a believer in taking Moody with the 5th or 6th pick (I don’t know enough of Kuminga). I get some Booker vibes and think his age and ability lend to a decently high floor with considerable ceiling possibilities

1 Like

Tankathon’s latest update (yesterday) have Franz ranked #9 and Livers #50. No Hunter/Chaundee/Jones/Smith in the top-60.

4 Likes