2021 NBA Draft Discussion

Teske cracks Vecenie’s big board at #91
4 Likes

Franz at 45, Isaiah at 91

https://www.espn.com/nba/draft/bestavailable

I’m clearly biased, but I can see Livers being a valuable asset for a team. He’s a good shooter, isn’t going to get abused defensively, and would come in with an understanding of a pro system. Seems like a very viable 2nd round pick for a team.

4 Likes

His ticket will be demonstrating an elite ability to shoot on the move.

2 Likes

Livers is definitely a higher floor prospect but he’s also three years older than Franz. There’s a lot more potential for what type of player Franz can be.

2 Likes

I didn’t mean he was higher than Franz. Meant I’d see him being valuable in 50-60 range, rather than 91.

I won’t be surprised if Isaiah lands in Miami where he’ll get the additional work to improve his game. I think a two-way contract is a good start, Michigan kids have done well in that system and JH has the connections.

free agency sometimes works better, and let the player find the best fits. i don’t think it is players best interests to be in the 2nd round.

2 Likes

Watch Miami turns Isaiah into their next Duncan Robinson after they let Duncan go because next year Duncan is going to get PAID. I am all for that :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Isaiah will get a 2-way contract I would think. Teams will like that as it gives them a possible competent player with the 16th roster spot.

4 Likes

Obviously the guaranteed money is nice, but signing somewhere as an UDFA is probably better for someone like Livers who has a pretty specific NBA skillset. That way he can choose a team that really values his play style and is willing to look past his weird shorts.

1 Like

LOL. Do you think folding his shorts up like that impacts lateral agility? Perhaps there’s defensive upside to be explored there.

1 Like

You know, you might be onto something there. Plus it sends the wrong signal. No team wants to take a risk on a late draft whose unconventional style might affect team chemistry.

It absolutely impacts performance. The shorter your shorts, the lower you can stretch your legs. It’s all very classy, nothing white trash about it!

1 Like

If Franz stays hovering around the 40-50 range in these draft projections, do you think he still enters the draft?

Obviously I’m already hoping for another year.

Wagner’s jump shot is his swing skill as a prospect, as he’s been streaky throughout his career from beyond the arc, converting just 32% of his attempts in college (166 attempts) and the same number throughout his entire career (556 attempts) in 166 games in our database. The fact that he’s shooting 87% from the free throw line, where he’s been elite his whole career, and shows deft touch on finishes inside the arc, leaves plenty of room for optimism.

A deep NCAA tournament run could easily solidify Wagner as a first-round pick, although it wouldn’t be shocking if he decided to run it back for his junior year at Michigan (like his brother did) since he’s younger than many freshmen such as Jalen Suggs and Evan Mobley. Michigan is slated to enroll the No. 1 recruiting class in college basketball, and could be viewed as early favorites for the national championship if Wagner (and Dickinson) return to the fold. – Givony

7 Likes

I refuse to take the idea of Wagner returning seriously, for my own health

11 Likes

That’s probably really smart.

2 Likes

I refuse to take the idea of Dickinson leaving seriously, for my own health.

2 Likes

I don’t think you can rule it out given his age. I think I said it in another thread, but I’d be pretty shocked if he didn’t at least test the waters based on how this year is going.

2 Likes