2020-21 Roster Speculation

Some insights into Jaces walkon situation

3 Likes
4 Likes

Nunez must’ve changed his number

Moderate-to-strong dislike. 10 is always classy and never a bad choice, but am sick of 5, 3 needs a rest for even just one year please, and I’ve a strong aversion to 1 in general and especially when bigs wear it.

1 Like
3 Likes

I love that Dickinson is wearing 1. Hilarious to see a guy that huge wear that number

7 Likes

0 is the only single digit acceptable for a big man. FACT. And, to be clear, in that case 00 is preferred.

3 Likes

My wild prediction is that Jace will eventually grad transfer to play for John Beilein as a smart glue guy 3pt shooter type at I dunno Colorado

Love all the number picks, just wish #3 would be put on hold for once.

1 Like

I guess one positive is nobody is wearing #2 or #4.

I don’t have a problem with the numbers anyways. I wore #3 so I’m always in favor of good players wearing that jersey. Fully support another Ohio guard wearing #3 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Livers still wears 2, right? :wink: Brandon Wade is number 4, FWIW.

5 Likes

Will be interesting what number Chaundee Brown wears, because he wore 23 at Wake Forest and that’s Johns’ number.

I’ll be honest I don’t think I’ve ever felt strong conviction about anyone’s number before. Other than Dickinson wearing 1 which is awesome.

3 Likes

3 is a great number and you can’t overdo it, unlike 5, but it would be nice to have just one year off from it. Just had two program giants wearing it in a row.

It’s always solid/meaningless offseason fun to be overly opinionated about number choices. I recommend it.

1 Like

I’ve long held a theory that a team receives a significant boost to their swagger and performance if their starting backcourt wears #1, #2 and #3. When Simpson (3), Poole (2), Matthews (1) was the starting backcourt and the team got off to such a hot start, I felt such a sense of validation in my stupid eccentricities. Then Cassius Winston followed by Texas Tech had to come along and ruin everything.

A starting lineup wearing #1-5 would be the souped up version of this dream. 2019 Duke came close with Zion (1), Reddish (2), Jones (3) and RJ (5). Maybe Zeb, TWill, Dickinson + two recruits will get this done in a couple years. If that happens and the team wins a natty, remember this post!!!

Yeah that’s what I was implying. Meant they haven’t replaced him yet haha

I’m cool with Zeb wearing #3. The last two times a PG from Ohio wore number 3, we made it to the Title Game their sophomore year. That means it’s guaranteed to happen with Zeb now too, and I won’t hear any other thoughts on the matter.

8 Likes

Poster on mgoblog said that Brown and Eastern are going to wear #15 and #20, respectively. Don’t know his source (obviously not an official one) but that’s what he said.

3 Likes

Came across this article in my Google News feed.

The 2020-21 Wolverines will have a new look, but if things shake out as expected, they’ll have two familiar faces running the show on the wings — Isaiah Livers and Franz Wagner. Livers, who will be a senior if he chooses to return to Ann Arbor, has until Aug. 3 to withdraw his name from the NBA Draft, and is expected to do so, especially considering the omission of his name on mock drafts following an injury-riddled season.

6 Likes