2020-21 Roster Speculation

Ant Wright fuming seeing that first tweet

3 Likes

Why fuming?

I was mainly joking but he’s been insistent that Brandon Wade would get significant minutes next year since he joined the team.

3 Likes

Oh, yeah I don’t see that happening. Forgot about that.

6 Likes

Yeah, I really don’t think anyone seriously saw that happening besides Ant if it really wasn’t a gimmick

I thought Wade was an SG, not PG?

1 Like

No, he’s a PG. But regardless of what position he plays he’s not going to be playing during games.

3 Likes

I could’ve done without the background music for that chat, BTN.

1 Like

Maybe Ant thought it was Dwyane Wade?

3 Likes

Speaking of, that led me to google Zaire Wade cause last I heard about him was from DWade talking about how he stopped going to Zaire’s games because he’s so mad at their coach. Looks like Zaire is prepping at Brewster. Pretty hilarious that he’s ranked as high as he is. I’ve never heard of a top 200 player doing a prep year for non-grade related reasons.

He’s not very good. He shouldn’t be higher than mid major and even that could be a stretch. He is ranked because some analysts were supposedly given some sort of incentive to rank him.

I’ve heard that but that seems crazy to me. Who’s offering money? And why?

What makes that even funnier is that they paid for him to be like 160. Not even top 100 :rofl:

He was listed as a 4 star at some point. Idk how high that would’ve been. But he’s nowhere near a 4 star caliber prospect.

I thought Wade wasn’t going to be eligible for the first semester. If so, a diplomatic reason for Juwan to omit his name.

I haven’t seen video of Zaire Wade. I know they play different positions but would you say Jace Howard has better potential for high major D1 bball?

I’ve only watched Zaire Wade when they up to MN to play against Minnehaha Academy at the Target Center. He looked overmatched and overwhelming while on the floor, so he didn’t play very much. I thought he looked like a D2 player. I’m sure he’ll go D1 especially after Brewster but he’s a scholarship level player, just not close to high or mid major, in my opinion.

I know almost nothing about Brandon Wade. But if Eastern doesn’t get a waiver, how far behind Zeb Jackson would Wade be in the PG depth chart?

Said another way, I have always assumed Wade was sort of a luxury walk-on that’s better than most but far from a rotation. Yet Zeb is coming off a year where he barely played, lost summer ball, and will enter as a true freshman at a position that is hard to contribute early. Is Wade good enough to battle him for backup minutes? Just curious…never seen him play.

1 Like

Jace is a much better prospect than Wade. I don’t even know what offers for Wade are commitable anymore. He had a few but I’m pretty sure they were before his senior year and were not commitable. Jace at least had multiple places he could’ve committed to besides Michigan.

1 Like

Haven’t seen film of Zaire wade in probably 18 months, so this might not be fair on my behalf but he wasn’t a great prospect. Certainly not anywhere near Michigan’s level. When he was like a frosh or sophomore I saw a lot of film where I wondered if he was even a d one prospect.

I agree with your analysis on him

Yea unless wades progressed a ton over the last two years ( I don’t believe he has or I’m sure ESPN would be all over it) then jace is a pretty good ways better.