2020-21 Roster Speculation

I agree that he does not show much in terms of catch and shoot, but he’s got size, quickness, and his pull-up jumper off the dribble looks very good. Based on that, I think he can get in the lane and score quite a bit, especially as he gets stronger.

My point isn’t that he can’t do that stuff. It is just that he projects to be a PG.

1 Like

Dylan, over/under 6.5 recruits coming in next year? Obviously dependent on some roster movement and I don’t like speculation on transfers but you take Christopher if he wants to come which gets them to 6. Roster could use another guard in my mind as well.

That would be hope but I think pg is very unsettled past 2020 (in 2020 too if UM doesn’t find a wing you can run offense through). I think michigan desperately needs a true PG in the 2021 class and if a sit one high level transfer pg is available this spring and theres room id definitely make a run at him.

Answered a very similar question in the AMA today.

Yeah I’m not saying he should be the only PG on the roster. Just that I think that is his long term position.

Thanks, got to stop being lazy/super cheap and sign up.

2 Likes

How confident are we that Christopher ends up committing to UM next year? Because I feel a lot of this relies on his decision.

1 Like

I am about the same about Christopher and Todd. Hope we get both but think its about 50/50 we get neither. Mayne that is just me playing it safe and keeping hopes in proper order?

Thanks! That’s literally what keeps the site alive.

4 Likes

50/50 we get neither? I’d say it’s like 65% Todd comes and 50% we get Christopher so definitely under 50% we get neither.

1 Like

I hear ya, and hope I am wrong but for some reason I just have a funny feeling its either both or neither.

So your answer at PG is a true freshman combo guard? That won’t end well.

In any event your post that nothing Brooks game says pg is ridiculous.

2 Likes

I didn’t say anything of the sort. I am saying that PG will be a big problem next year unless one of freshmen guards can play the point. And FWIW, Brook is at best a combo guard and plays the off guard even now when it’s he and DDJ on the court.

I think the best comparison for Brooks is Stu Douglas. He too was forced to play the point for stretches, out of necessity. But by skill set, he wasn’t a PG.

3 Likes

If Michigan is fortunate enough to have someone like Josh Christopher at SG, Brooks would be a great complement at PG because of his shooting off the catch.

8 Likes

Oh my I hope that’s not true. Early in the season Castleton was playing over Davis so I don’t think that’s necessarily true

To be clear, I agree with the general consensus that Castleton has more upside, and I think if he adds more strength he could still thrive in this offense next year.

Howard has even given some minutes to Davis at the 4 lately over Castleton. I think that shows a level of trust, not a preferred style of play.

1 Like

Good lord, I must have missed seeing Davis at the 4. Fair enough then.

I will say I read other sites but I always go to UMHOOPS for verification and the honest truth!