2019 - Wing - Josh Green (Target)

Josh Green video in profile linked above.

GREEN & MANNION DRAW A CROWD
Whenever the duo of Josh Green and Nico Mannion hit the hardwood, you better expect to see an onslaught of heavy hitting coaches at their game.

For the third straight day, the bleachers were packed to see the five-star bunch with the West Coast Elite program. Their chemistry in the backcourt is second to none and it clearly shows in each contest that they pair up in. Not only are they talented prospects and two of the best in their respective classes, but they’re also unselfish playmakers that can be used in a variety of roles which reflects their strong set of intangibles and winning background.

On Friday morning, in a close win, Arizona’s Sean Miller, Villanova’s Jay Wright, and Marquette’s Steve Wojciechowski were each in attendance, to go along with assistants from Oregon, UCLA, Duke, UNC, Michigan, Kansas and Villanova.

Neither of the two are anywhere near a college commitment which makes it the perfect time for basketball’s goliaths to take a seat in enjoy the Green and Mannion show as the race remains wide open for either of the two’s pledge.

2 Likes

This is the player who I think we should target as our number one priority. This is the guy I wanted over DJ Carton. He fits a need at the two guard position and he’s just an outstanding player. Of course, it doesn’t matter what I want. It only matters what the staff wants, and IF they can pry him away from the “blue bloods” that he is listing here. Tough…both tough player and tough pull.

He would be a pretty ideal 1-for-1 swap with Charles Matthews.

1 Like

Beilein watched Green this week, fwiw.

Hoop City took part in a rare crossover game vs. West Coast Elite (Under Armour) at the West Coast Elite Summer Classic, a game that also featured 5-stars Josh Green and Nico Mannion.

Although Wiseman sat out, the game drew the likes of John Calipari (Kentucky), Mike Krzyzewski (Duke), Bill Self (Kansas), Shaka Smart (Texas), John Beilein (Michigan) and Ben Howland (Mississippi State) among many others.

1 Like

Is there any indication as to when he’ll decide?

Unless we feel great about our chances, I doubt we would say no to one of Watts, Beverly, Girard, or maybe Crowley if they wanted to commit now. Of course, it’s always possible none of those guys have Michigan at the top of their list.

I would think in the spring, where we could have a scholarship open up unexpectedly (it always seems to happen), that might a time when we make a run at a guy like this, or a Cole Anthony. In those situations, your roster is usually set and there’s nothing to lose by swinging for the fences with a five star.

Corey Evans thinks UM is in a good position with a few others for Josh Green (I know Dylan, I don’t know how to get the parts of the article into my post)

The next step for Green is narrowing his list of schools to a group of five or eight, just as others within his class are currently doing. Green will head to IMG Academy in a few weeks for his final year of high school ball, so I would expect for this list to be published beforehand so that he can thoroughly talk over all of the schools in contention with those closest to him.

Among the schools in the best position for Green include Arizona, USC, Oregon, UNLV, Michigan and Villanova, though you can probably throw North Carolina into that group as well.

Not surprised here.

The Bajema displacement

1 Like