2019 - Wing - Franz Wagner (Commit)

My wife and I have already gone to two concerts this week and we’ll be headed up to Interlochen this weekend for a little wine and food and then the Josh Groban concert Saturday night! I think I’ll make it through the weekend! :wink: I might need some help staying positive next week, though, so I’m all in on embracing this as fact! :grin:

2 Likes

Oh don’t worry. I’m sure Josh will “raise you up” just fine.

2 Likes

Bayern Munich defeated Alba Berlin in Game 1 (best of 5) of the German league championship series. Derrick Walton and Peyton Siva each played 20 minutes, Wagner played 6 1/2. Here’s hoping for a three-game sweep by Munich and a decision soon after by Franz to step right into the starting five at Michigan. Box score (you have to click on the header for it on this page):

1 Like

Or I could just do this…

Hopefully his limited minutes is a notch against staying. He could get significantly more playing time at Michigan.

2 Likes

any Franz updates?

ALBA plays game 2 this afternoon.

2 Likes

See above. His team is down 0-1 in a best of 5 series. I believe game 2 is today. We won’t know anything until his season is done.

He started, which seems to be a bad sign for Michigan and a much better sign for his prospect of possibly starting next year at Alba

So he went from playing only 6 minutes in game 1 to starting game 2?

1 Like

4 mins left in the first half and he is Alba’s leading scorer with 9 points(4/4) :frowning:

What’s the score of the game?

46-45 Alba Berlin at the half.

I can get the score and the time remaining at https://www.sofascore.com/alba-berlin-bayern-munchen/qvbswwk, but I can’t find out any player scores or other stats.

1 Like

Or maybe they threw him a bone because they’re trying to keep him.

3 Likes

There is another Devin Booker?

Franz hits a 3 with 13 seconds left to cut the deficit to 1. He has 14 points in 20 mins on a perfect 6/6 from the field. Former #2 pick Derrick Williams plays for Bayern

1 Like

Bayern wins. Another loss and Alba is eliminated

1 Like

Franz finished with 14 points on 6-of-6 (2-2 3pt) shooting in 21 minutes. Derrick Walton with 8 pts and 3 ast.

Game 3 is back in Munich and Bayern wraps up the final (and ends Alba’s season) with a win on Sunday.

ICYMI: Deep dive into his game here. He’s way ahead of Moe as a prospect. Would be a day 1 starter if he came to Ann Arbor.

6 Likes

I will name my first born (regardless of gender) Franz if he comes to Michigan.

13 Likes