Highlights: Franz Wagner at FIBA U18 European Championships

Nice dunks! There’s no way he’ll be playing in front of only 19 people if he comes to Michigan.

Ha, well he is coming to Michigan. So that means that he will be playing in front of more people.

However, if he ends up playing at another FIBA U19 or U20 event, he’ll probably be playing in front of a similar crowd :wink: Just kind of how those tournaments go.

Playing in front of crowds won’t be new to him though, Alba Berlin regular played in front of 10k+ fans. I believe they play in a 15k seat stadium.

1 Like

Thanks for the upload, really love seeing his quick release on threes (no music would have been better imho)

1 Like

Thanks for the highlights. I hear Franz will be in AA sometime next week. Can’t wait for the season to start.

1 Like

He is going to have to lose the defensive overplays that he won’t get away with in the BIG, but looks like the creator we need. I am pumped that he is a Wolverine.

So psyched. That first dunk! Craftier finisher. Can’t wait

Does he maybe have more quicks than his brother? I love his nose for the basket on those dunks. A few very emphatic posters a game like that should enliven the Crisler crowds.

Definitely quicker than his brother. He’s a wing whereas Moe was pretty much a big all along. Question is how his quicks compare to Big Ten guards and wings.

2 Likes

If he comes?

Yep Franz and Isiah with a few from BJ sprinkled in.

1 Like

He surely won’t get as many drives to the basket in the Big Ten, even if his handle and ability to take a hit seem pretty solid. But those threes from the corner on kick outs translate pretty much wherever you go. Thanks for the videos.

2 Likes

Do I hear the word “Magic” in his game?

1 Like

Noticed that the link was live for tomorrow’s game vs Serbia @ 7:30am:

3rd game in a couple weeks between Germany and Serbia.

1 Like

Franz has had varying degrees of success right? Lit them up in the first and was plagued by foul trouble in the second

Foul trouble in 2 games. Moe had those tendencies. It must run in the family? :grinning:

1 Like

2 Likes

Does that mean that Germany is in the final game or only that they made a final round? Considering how godawful they looked in the early matchups. . .

Would love to read Dylan’s take on great defensive players and fouling out. Draymond Green fouls out sometimes, but he also shuts great players down. What are some of the trade-offs? Obviously one is whether you’re looking to get scoring or D from said player. . .

Russia knocked Germany out of the bracket play. FIBA tournaments have classification games all the way through though so everyone plays all of the games. Germany will play Saturday and Sunday to wrap things up.

1 Like