2019 - G - Cole Anthony

But every good mid major player is going to transfer once the new rules come in place!!!

I would like it on record that I was not high on Pierce. His shooting numbers were a red flag. But wow he’s been awful. That whole UNC team is a disaster

1 Like

I’d love if someone wrote about grad transfers and found if there was a statistical profile and/or level of conference that they came from that indicated success. Jaaron was obviously underwhleming for us to say the least. Like why was Matt Mooney so much more successful than Jaaron?

2 Likes

I think if someone knew the answer… they would stand to be able to make a lot of money coming up LOL.

I think Jordan has done some research there

I think the mid-major that can properly find good down transfers could be really effective with new transfer rules.

1 Like

Not sure that I buy the really, really bad roster. Most of these kids were 4 and 5 star talent. Maybe the roster is less impressive than usual for UNC, maybe a mid pack ACC team in a weak year, but this losing record is underachievement big time for Anthony and the team.

Bacot is the only other top 50 player on the roster. 3 rotation guys (Pierce, Platek, and Keeling) were 3 stars or lower. Walk-ons Walker Miller and KJ Smith have had to play rotation minutes during various points in the season.

Keeling and Pierce are literally MM/LM players who transferred up
Anthony and Bacot are 5-star freshmen.
Platek was a 3-star
Brooks was a 100-150 kid.
Robinson and Black were 50-100 types

You can say there’s a lot of four-star talent but we are talking about UNC, they usually have significantly more talented rosters.

They’ve lost at least 6 or 7 one possession/overtime games and were without the one absolute talent for half the year.

It is a disappointing year for sure, just think it is pretty explainable.

Beilein contends for a B1G title with that roster.

2 Likes

Without Anthony… ? Would be fascinating to see Beilein coach a team that literally can’t shoot threes.

Here’s a thought experiment… who on UNC would start for Michigan this year?

1 Like

I could see Brendan Robinson starting at the 2, at least to start the year. Not sure if [Eli] Brooks would grab the job during the season or not. He’s been playing injured for much of the season so his stats don’t pop out, but he’s a legitimately good player.

Are Keeling, Pierce, Black, or Platek even sniffing consistent minutes on this Michigan team? I don’t think so.

Hypothetical: who wins solely based on roster talent, 2020 UNC without Anthony or 2015 Michigan without LeVert?

He sure does!

Lol. Great question. Brooks maybe

Not the fans that’s for sure

3 Likes