2018 - Big - Colin Castleton (Commit)

I went back and read his comments after his Illinois trip, which was a month ago. He was positive but not really excited. I’ll be shocked if he doesn’t pick Michigan.

1 Like

That article said that Castleton has no timetable… i thought that he was supposed to announce this week or next. Am i remembering wrong?

Same guy on Twitter doing the Nunez announcement had said that he’s doing Castleton this week.

2 Likes

I’m probably missing something, but why do these players let this guy announce their commitments?

1 Like

Some more Castleton highlights.

2 Likes

His shooting stroke is sweeter than I had remembered… excited for him to go Blue this week!

Pretty awesome run down of his visit:

3 Likes

Way to go Yaklich

2 Likes

Cool read. He sounds like such a good fit for how we play and what we need going forward. Would be a great surprise pickup if we can pull it off.

1 Like

Yep, Colin told me he was still on to announce this week sometime ‘soon.’ Sounds like that means Weds or Thurs.

Illinois missed out on George Conduit (their backup option to Castleton). They have to do some type of decision regarding that staff, no? ILL fans are going nuts. Very well could lose Horton-Tucker to ISU too.

1 Like

Sometimes SB Nation commenters can rival mlive commenters in stupidity.

1 Like

Isn’t this a completely new staff, top to bottom?

I think he’s referring to Underwood’s link to Lamar Evans.

I guess that’s how long it’ll take to make an announcement video picking Michigan :slight_smile:

Evans was accused of taking bribes to steer their potential NBA players to a financial adviser. If that’s all he did, it wouldn’t involve Underwood in NCAA violations.

Not saying that Underwood is necessarily in trouble, but the cloud is going to follow him for a while until the Evans’s trial is over. Evans and Underwood had a long history together all the way back to Kansas State and South Carolina. From 2008-2013, both were in Frank Martin’s staff. I assume that they are very close.

These are mostly the same as the ones posted the other day (which appear to have been taken down), but some footage from adidas events in July.

How confident are you that he will pick the good guys, compared to your confidence in Nunez’s decision?