2016 Point Guard Recruiting (Xavier Simpson)

If Duke will indeed turn up the heat on Thornton, I think that's his destination. Battle purportedly likes Duke a lot, and he and DTJr want to play together.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Leaf, Battle and Thronton all end up there.

It is just a rumor for now.

From what I understand, Duke is still involved in Dennis Smith’s recruitment. Not sure where that rumor is coming from.

From what I understand, Duke is still involved in Dennis Smith's recruitment. Not sure where that rumor is coming from.

Duke site.

Measurements on Murray - decent for a 2

Team Canada U17 Jamal Murray measured at 6'3, 193 lbs, with a 6'7 wingspan at the 2014 Nike Elite 100 #CircleTheName

— Hoops Hype Canada (@HoopsHypeCA) July 28, 2014

Thanks to Coach Mccaffery and the Iowa Hawkeyes for offering me a scholarship !! #Blessed

Per Kyle Guy, Kyle Guy got offered by Iowa State and Northwestern following his strong showing at adidas Uprising

— Brian Snow (@BSnowScout) July 28, 2014

Iowa State, NC State, Virginia and Northwestern offered 2016 Indiana Elite (IN) SG Kyle Guy, he announced.

— Alex Kline (@TheRecruitScoop) July 28, 2014

Im a fan of Guy, very quick release and can shoot of the bounce as well. I’d like to give him a few burgers though, cause man is he tiny.

Derryck Thornton Jr… real deal. A report from USA Training Camp:

Unlike the class of 2015, the upcoming junior class has multiple five-star point guards. Coming into camp many considered Dennis Smith Jr. to be the best after his outstanding AAU play; however Derryck Thornton had a scintillating three sessions before breaking his wrist. The 6’1” guard out of Findlay Prep was masterful at guiding his team during scrimmages. He pushed the pace and zipped passes into tough spots. Naturally a right hander, Thornton might be even stronger dribbling the ball with his left hand. His jump shot was thought to be a weakness, but he hit countless deep jumpers and three’s even with a lack of rotation on his shot. Kentucky and Michigan prioritized Thornton early and despite the injury Thornton proved to be the top point guard in his highly touted class.

I honestly think he might be the best player in the 16 class

Really like DTJR but Dennis Smith is still the best PG in that class.

Really like DTJR but Dennis Smith is still the best PG in that class.

I’ve watched both – obviously watched Thornton a bit more – and I’d rather have Thornton leading my program.

Smith is no doubt a better athlete, but DTJ has more skill in my view. DTJ has the ability to make others MUCH better

Inevitable that he will be the consensus #1 rated PG for the class. What grabs me is the analysts raving about his all around game sans huge scoring efforts or highlight dunks. Didn’t he get MVP of an earlier camp while scoring in single digits? A consummate leader who has had a monster summer and will only get better. Sure would be an amazing get if JB can pull it off.

Smith is no doubt a better athlete, but DTJ has more skill in my view. DTJ has the ability to make others MUCH better

Derryck is also a two way player.

It won’t be close in 2 years.

DTJR has a very mature floor game (he gets to work out with pros) but he is a bit old for his class and the average physical tools will put him at the back-end of the top 10… just my opinion.

Derryck is also a two way player.

I get that but no one is taking Mike Conley Jr over John Wall, Westbrook or healthy Derrick Rose, either.

DTJ…man I hope this kid comes. He has the ability to change our on court product as much as any player we’ve had in the last 15 years. In addition to that, I can really see an early commitment from him giving us a boost in recruiting. What wing or big in their right mind would not want to play with that kid?

DTJ..........man I hope this kid comes. He has the ability to change our on court product as much as any player we've had in the last 15 years. In addition to that, I can really see an early commitment from him giving us a boost in recruiting. What wing or big in their right mind would not want to play with that kid?

Tyus Battle

Not enamored with Battle anyway, good player no doubt, but not absolute game changer like DTJ.