ESPN 2015 Updated Rankings

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/playerrankings/_/class/2015/view/super60/sort/rank/order/true

Here is the movement from some players with Michigan interest:

Zimmerman - down to #4 (was #2)

Diamond Stone - stays put at #5

Kennard - stays at #24

Eric Davis - down to #28 (was #26)

Jalen Brunson - stays at #32

Noah Dickerson - moves up to #33 (was #35)

Dwayne Bacon - moves up to #40 (was #43)

Matt McQuaid - moves up to #42 (was #45)

Henry Ellenson - moves up to #47 (was #49)

Trevor Manual - moves up to #50 (was #51)

Esa Ahmad - #51 (believe he was previously not reflected in the top 60)

Jalen Coleman - down to #58 (was #31) - THIS IS ABSOLUTE GARBAGE, if anything he’s improved his stock from the footage I’ve seen and nearly every report out there. I have to say that one MIGHT be able to make an argument that Brunson is on Coleman’s level as a player, but in no world is Brunson a full tier ahead of Jalen Coleman, simply not possible.

Also of note - AJ Turner drops down to high 3 star; about time they got his ranking correct, had no idea how he was ranked a top 60 player to begin the year.

No way there are 57 players better than Coleman in the 2015 class.

ZImmerman, Bacon, Dickerson are all long shots, if any interest even exist

PJ Dozier at 17
Wish we went after Rex Pfleuger and Antonio Blakeney, Justin Simon, William Jackson and Hanif Cheatnam
ESPN rankings are some of the worst imo, 247 stands out in that arena
2015 class is terribly weak

Have to disagree with the recruiting site hierarchy, ESPN is by far the best basketball recruiting service, with Rivals being the worst. On the other hand, ESPN is the least desirable football recruiting service whereas Rivals is the best. 247 is relatively novel in the recruiting landscape, so I can’t place them ahead of ESPN at this point.

Concur with MattD. I like ESPN before Scout and Rivals for basketball. 247 ranks more players and the composite ranking is a novel way to average amongst the services, which helps give some perspective. But the disparity between the composite and their own rankings can be very severe sometimes.

ESPN was great when they had Dave Telep… Not sure I put as much stock in them now. They aren’t bad by any means, but I don’t think they are a slam dunk either.

At this point, 247 Composite is probably the best because it incorporates so many opinions.

ESPN was great when they had Dave Telep... Not sure I put as much stock in them now.

Shows how closely I’m following this, didn’t know Telep had left. Just Biancardi now?

I’ve always liked Rivals recruiting info/rankings the best. All of the services have their hits and misses, but I think Rivals is the most consistent.

ESPN was great when they had Dave Telep... Not sure I put as much stock in them now.

Shows how closely I’m following this, didn’t know Telep had left. Just Biancardi now?

Telep was hired by the Spurs.

Apparently ESPN hasn’t seen Coleman play even once so far this season according to his coach on Twitter.

They must have seen Coleman as some point, they labeled him a top performer at the Hoophall Classic.

Webbdog - it’s pretty hilarious that you literally disagree with every post I’ve made in the past 2 weeks, even if it’s just informational in nature rather than opinionated or subjective. You must have a pretty nice life to exert that type of energy toward blanket disagreements with some random dude on the internet. Nice to know I have that type of influence…

I disagree that AJ Turner didn’t deserve to be ranked in the Top 60! AJ Turner is Highly Underrated IMO! He is the Perfect Beilein Recruit!!!

You have to be kidding that AJ Turner is a top 60 player. I guess I can respect your opinion, but that is so far fetched it’s almost unreal. Top 100-150 maybe, but top 60?

Matt McQuaid and Luke Kennard should be the two wings we pursue above the rest.

You have to be kidding that AJ Turner is a top 60 player. I guess I can respect your opinion, but that is so far fetched it's almost unreal. Top 100-150 maybe, but top 60?

I agree with MattD. No one else should have an opinion.

You have to be kidding that AJ Turner is a top 60 player. I guess I can respect your opinion, but that is so far fetched it's almost unreal. Top 100-150 maybe, but top 60?

I agree with MattD. No one else should have an opinion.

I agree with Jblair - we should all have an opinion provided its pro Michigan or pro recruit that Michigan may have interest in. However, Under no circumstances should an individual on this board ever, and I do mean ever, have an opinion that is not supportive of that agenda, regardless of whether its true, logical or reasonable. No room for those characteristics on this board.

AJ Turner is a Top 60 player…in my heart.

Is there any footage of AJ Turner at prep school? Has he added any weight to his frame?

Only way I’d really see him coming here is if he classifies back to 2014 and both Glenn and Nik leaves this year

Wes Grandstaff has informed http://Scout.com that his son – Austin Grandstaff – has decommitted from Oklahoma State.

I wonder if we can get a package deal with him and McQuaid?