Video & Quotes: Juwan Howard, Michigan players preview Villanova

1 Like

Hunter always has the best energy

2 Likes

I take it Hunter won’t be getting BQ an easter card.

8 Likes

Pretty sad journalism there tbh by BQ.

6 Likes

They forgot to add the part where he says, “I don’t think so” in the beginning to the response on whether or not there is a Big Ten team that is similar to Villanova.

Awful reporting by BQ.

5 Likes

Been flying most of today… What is all the fuss about this quote? Who is offended for what reason by it? Iowa fans? Villanova fans? I feel like I’m missing some part of it that is controversial.

3 Likes

Probably taken as a shot at Iowa for indirectly calling them undisciplined

Ahhh, I guess? Iowa plays fast and free, Villanova plays slow and structured so I figured that part kind of made sense. Their offenses are very different though but I think it makes sense with the forward instead of centers personnel setup.

1 Like

It’s just your boy trying to stir up gossip.

8 Likes

still waiting for a technical foul to be assessed for Juwan’s cell phone

6 Likes

A couple people quoted the “more-disciplined Iowa” like it was a dig at Iowa (like his digs at the other Big Ten teams) when it was more to indicate a difference in styles. Maybe a poor choice of words but it was off the cuff.

We can argue all day about the existence or effectiveness of a ‘chip on your shoulder’ mentality, but so many people I saw argued no tourney team should be less than 4 games over .500. If we play IPFW and finish 18-14, maybe the goal posts change to 5 games over, OR maybe we don’t get as much backlash and there’s less of a chip on Michigan’s shoulder.

Or maybe not… but I like to think so even if its not true, especially after spending a couple weeks wondering if the IPFW cancellation was going to keep us out of the tournament for that exact same ‘4 games over’ reason.

impossible to prove but I honestly think it would have made the difference. nobody freaked out at 13-loss Alabama getting a 6-seed. they then lost to play-in Notre Dame and their 57 Q4 games.

people were also outraged that Indiana got the play-in instead of us. again, a big fat pile of Q4s but their record was more visually appealing. 19 wins is more than 17. whatever

1 Like

I think more of U-M’s mentality comes from the pressure of having to play their way into the tourney. They were basically in a “can’t slip up” mode for months. Won a lot of big games in that stretch although everyone was fixated on the WLWLWLW.

Was there really that much “backlash” to Michigan making the tournament? Always just feels to me like something people say more than something that exists .

1 Like

Yes, a ton. The most ever. If you went on any other CBB forum Michigan’s inclusion was considered a complete miscarriage of justice despite the 95% on Bracket Matrix.

5 Likes

You clearly don’t frequent Reddit . Com /r/collegebasketball

4 Likes

I’ve seen it quite consistently on twitter. But twitter tends to have extreme (and uneducated) reactions to things and doesn’t necessarily represent the general viewpoint of the public at large. But yeah I saw a lot of it there, especially in relation to A&M.

Edit: Reddit too. They are still saying Michigan doesn’t belong but begrudgingly give them credit for doing something with their ill gotten opportunity

4 Likes

Reddit and random fans on Twitter was definitely not what I’m talking about. Kind of proves my point. I meant more as far as any actual media takes? It hasn’t been something I’ve really seen much of.

1 Like

They’re still saying Michigan doesnt deserve to be there and Michigan only got in because of their name and the money they bring to the tournament or something.

3 Likes

You asked and the answer is yes. High-traffic college basketball communities were aghast that Michigan received a bid. Doubly so that we were not in the First Four.

4 Likes