Updated roster for 2019-20

Agreed, but it will help him for sure to add some for the overall grind. On offense I wouldn’t stress it because he has more of a finesse, smooth type of game.

So you’re saying Allen Iverson couldn’t stay on the court with the likes of you? OK.

2 Likes

Well there’s no sense in getting upset over simple science. You’re free to make your own universe with new rules. No one’s stopping you.

3 Likes

I may have misread your sarcasm in the first post. I’ll chalk it up to lack of sleep. Baby on the way and the nurses checked in a lot through the night.

2 Likes

Yeah, just trying to have a good time.

Best wishes for mother and baby.

2 Likes

Thanks man! I’d say call me for a good time, but I’m married.

Zing!

1 Like

I need X to go with that haircut this year

10 Likes

X repping the Jordan Poole era Warriors gear :eyes:

2 Likes

Cole and Brandon look to be about the same height.

It’s funny, I was called “Heavy D” in high school and I was about 195 when I graduated. I’m only 6’0" but we did not have a football team, so as athletes, most guys stayed smaller than that for basketball or baseball.

1 Like

Ha! My cousin called me Heavy D and I called him Slim J. He was about 6’3 280 lbs. His school was so small they didn’t have a football team. He would have been a great o-lineman. Nimble and quick for his size.

1 Like

Cue lengthy disquisition triangulating both players’ earlobes with the height of Cazzie Russel’s foot in the black and white photo, persuasively concluding that they are actually. . . (checks current roster above) an inch apart in size.

2 Likes

I probably would have too. My dad played OL/DL and even some D3 college DL. Easily could have bulked up.

(But I’m a Dutch kid too, so I know the Cole body style he’s working with. He will probably bulk up even if it takes a lot of work to do so.)

1 Like

Forgot to ask Dylan yesterday, but has anyone drawn a bead on Jaron Fauld? Is there some chance he’s going to contribute in a meaningful way? I remember thinking that–though you can never tell about how a player adapts–he actually looked pretty good in some of the Columbia film we saw.

1 Like

hair swag like that is worth 2-3 wins a year

2 Likes

Seeing these numbers remind me that I think that after Johns, Nunez might have the straightest path to being a starter. He’s the size of a normal 3 in the modern game and Teske-Livers-Nunez-Wagner-Simpson with Johns as the 6th man, a guard (DeJulius vs Brooks vs Bajema) as 7th man and Castleton spelling Teske is the most textbook modern rotation we could throw out, I think.

Johns is obviously the better athlete and the bigger recruit for a reason, but I watched Nunez weirdly close in his minutes on D last year and didn’t see anything suggesting he was lost, so if he is the 3pt shooter he was supposed to be and can be an average wing defender and we can just ask him to hit 3s and be able to switch onto 2-4, starting him and having Johns give us an impact frontcourt bench player makes a lot of sense.

I don’t think it is likely that Johns opens the season coming off the bench. Things definitely can change between now and then, but he seems fairly locked in as the starting “4” based on the quotes attributed to the coaching staff.

The way Coach Howard has been talking — or at least the quotes I’ve read attributed to him — in a perfect world, I believe this staff would use Livers primarily as a “3.” The lack of ideal options at the “4” – beyond Johns – likely means that Livers will see significant time at both forward positions. But there’s little to indicate the coaches would start Livers at the “4” if they could avoid it.

Dude definitely is looking good. . . and like the LEADER.

2 Likes