Trevon Bluiett Decommits from UCLA

Why doesn't it work that way?

Because Bluiett’s main sensitivity about coming to Michigan is playing time. And if we make it clear that he’s option C behind Blackmon and Booker, it’s not exactly going to assuage that fear. I mean, who really knows, I guess we’ll find out.

Why doesn't it work that way?

Because Bluiett’s main sensitivity about coming to Michigan is playing time. And if we make it clear that he’s option C behind Blackmon and Booker, it’s not exactly going to assuage that fear. I mean, who really knows, I guess we’ll find out.

Well, if Blackmon/Booker commit elsewhere, wouldn’t that inherently imply that Bluiett would get playing time?

I mean, I don’t know either, I’m just saying that it is a possibility.

It’s not a unique opinion but I would be absolutely shocked if anything happened between Bluiett and Michigan.

I posted my opinion on the BLOG comments, but thought I’d share them here. I know Michigan’s recruiting landscape has changed since Beilein got here, but one of the main things I like about Beilein is his consistency - usually it’s consistency based on a set of core values. In this case, I think it’s consistency based on one of his tenets of recruiting - he wants guys that are “running through the doors” to play for Michigan - which he believed when he recruited Novak and Douglass. I don’t think Bluiett falls in that category.