THJ on Trading Block?

Appears THJ is on the trading block in proposed deal for Dragic per Broussard - who isn’t the most reliable source by any stretch. Actually think that would be a really good fit for THJ. Phoenix doesn’t really have a true SG, they just play multiple PGs with Thomas, Bledsoe, and Dragic. THJ would get minutes and the uptempo style of play fits his game better.

Knicks package for Dragic includes Tim Hardaway Jr. and Jose Calderon

— Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) February 19, 2015

Wojo - who is THE source in the NBA says that Dragic will only entertain signing long term with Mia, LAL, or NY, so perhaps there is some merit to the rumors.

The Los Angeles Lakers, Miami Heat and New York Knicks are among preferred destinations for Goran Dragic, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) February 18, 2015

Sounds like Nik is on the trading block too.

Wojo essentially says Kings offering Nik in proposed deal for Dragic, but Dragic won’t sign extension with Sac, so no deal. Dragic’s agent seems pretty intent on Mia, LAL, NY. In a trade scenario you would have to think LAL & NYK have the upper hand because they will have better draft picks to offer, whereas MIA doesn’t own a first rd pick in 15. There may be some legs to THJ to NY.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--suns-exploring-goran-dragic-trade-with-teams-outside-his-preferred-list-192209795.html

This is a pretty harsh take on Nik from Zach Lowe:

"The Kings don’t have much to offer, especially since Nik Stauskas has looked borderline helpless when he has been able to crack the rotation. Still: Never underestimate the possibility of Sacramento springing something funky."

Getting shipped out might not be the worst move for Tim, since the Knicks are going nowhere.

Would love to see THJ in a Phoenix uniform…I think he could be a borderline all star with their personnel, he would get open looks frequently in addition to transition points.

Would love to see THJ in a Phoenix uniform........I think he could be a borderline all star with their personnel, he would get open looks frequently in addition to transition points.

I’d just like to see him anywhere but the Knicks. I hate them, their shitty city, and overrated arena.

I always felt like Stauskas needed to be on a team like OKC or the Heat (Lebron era). I think he fits more of that role where he won’t really be asked to do much for a few years beyond getting set behind the three point line and making threes.

I always felt like Stauskas needed to be on a team like OKC or the Heat (Lebron era). I think he fits more of that role where he won't really be asked to do much for a few years beyond getting set behind the three point line and making threes.

Its tough for Nik in Sac, high expectations as a lottery pick on a team that isn’t very good and has a couple of headcases on the roster. Coaches are constantly on the hot seat in Sac, so they don’t have the luxury of letting Nik play through mistakes because that could potentially contribute to losing employment.