The freshmen have arrived

First prediction is correct…

I hope you are right. MARR- Not sure quite what you are huge on. Best thing I like about him is speed. Dude can flat out get up and down the court. Average ball handler & did not finish well from film I saw.

He has “it”…very good feel for the game and crafty.

Ah, the elusive “it”. I’m a big fan of “it” in a player, and so is Beilein obviously, who prioritizes WINNERS (Burke, MAAR, DJ, Kam… all winners at a high school level).

Was surprised to hear Derrick Walton mention MAAR as a player he was particularly impressed with. Maybe a RS is not necessarily in MAAR’s future after all as many have predicted?

Wilson is the prime candidate for the RS in my view

I’m not sure they have the depth with Max having surgery. Is Max practicing?

Wilson is out with injury too. not sure who will be back sooner. the minutes at 3/4 will be split btw kam, Irvin and Dawkins anyway.

I don’t think Wilson makes it 4 years, let alone 5, so a RS seems pointless.

I actually think Wilson has more upside than Donnal or Doyle, but will take longer to contribute. Doesn’t have any utility for the upcoming season in my opinion because currently he’s not strong enough to defend the post, not quick enough to defend the perimeter, doesn’t shoot or handle well enough to play the perimeter, doesn’t have a post game…so what can he do? Add an injury to the mix, and I think its safe to say he’s the favorite to RS.

I’m just saying the RS is pointless. And he blocks shots, rebounds and runs the floor better…probably a better PnR defender, too. Still think its Doyle—not buying he went from 4 year project to 2nd big overnight and he would be here 5 years. Staff will probably RS Wilson but its a mistake that will bear out in the longterm.

If Wilson cannot contribute much this year, what is the bad consequence anyway? A year of focused development will benefit him in the long run regardless if he returns 5th year or not.

The RS should be used for class balance. “Focused development” can happen at the end of the bench if that is his fate for this year, though a guy with his upside should be thrown in the fire imo.

RS was never for class balance. Before the scholarship reduction, football use to redshirt entire 1st year class. You don’t hold back a player if he is needed to win games right now.

RS was never for class balance. Before the scholarship reduction, football use to redshirt entire 1st year class. You don't hold back a player if he is needed to win games right now.

“football”

RS was never for class balance. Before the scholarship reduction, football use to redshirt entire 1st year class. You don't hold back a player if he is needed to win games right now.

“football”

no difference when incoming freshmen need to learn much more complicated offense and/or defense, develop their skill and tuning their body. Class balance is never a concern in deciding who should redshirt, a lot of them do not last 5 years anyway.

“football”

no difference when incoming freshmen need to learn much more complicated offense and/or defense, develop their skill and tuning their body. Class balance is never a concern in deciding who should redshirt, a lot of them do not last 5 years anyway.

lol ok man

That’s not correct logic - if UM turns the ball over and the opposition’s possession lasts for 25 secs each time UM commits a TO, how in the world would UM possessions increase? Just doesn’t make sense. You’re going from A > C without addressing B. Long story short is team X turns the ball over to team Y and team Y keeps the ball for as long as Team X would’ve had the ball if the TO didnt occur in the first place, which means that Team X does not generate more possessions by turning the ball over unless team Y only has the ball for a very small amount of time each time team X turns the ball over.

We should know in two weeks how the bigs look…time will tell if Doyle and Donnal are ready. I think Wilson plays just because they are all young and will progress at a different pace. I will leave the RS to the coaches, they see them everyday.

I don't think Wilson makes it 4 years, let alone 5, so a RS seems pointless.

Pretty impressive prediction.

Not as impressive as Duncan Robinson = Gordon Hayward and Klay Thompson

daaaang. Just curious - your opinion on how many years at UM for Chatman?

daaaang. Just curious - your opinion on how many years at UM for Chatman?