The freshmen have arrived

Using Kam Chatman as the measuring stick (listed at 6’8" at the Jordan game), I really like the size in this class.

Wilson looks like a lean 6’10", plus an inch of hair
Doyle looks like 6"10 or more…
MAAR looks 6’3" or 6’4"
Dawkins a bit smaller than Chatman. Somewhere between 6’6" and 6’7" probably.
Hatch probably an inch below Dawkins.

I used Kam as the measuring stick because he’s been the most consistently measured lately (Jordan and USA). I have to assume his height is legitimate, and he looks tiny between Wilson and Doyle.

Kam isn’t 6’8, no way he is only 2 inches shorter than Doyle. 6’7 is more realistic

On the other hand, Dawkins looks every bit of 6’5.5 - 6’6 with an athletic build. Very happy about that, will allow him to play the 4 on D without giving up a huge amount of size.

Hang the banners fellas…welcome to the greatest show on earth!

Kam said in an interview at the U18 tryouts that he was indeed “6-7 exactly”. I’ll take that with room to grow. Wilson, Doyle, and Dawkins all look like they were listed. MAAR may look slightly taller than I had thought he would.

Kam measured at 6’6.75 without shoes so he is a legit 6’8" in shoes. Doyle and Wilson look a legit 6’10" in shoes.

Kam isn't 6'8, no way he is only 2 inches shorter than Doyle. 6'7 is more realistic

As 93grad says, he measured at 6’8" with shoes. Maybe he’s not wearing the same pair…but he’s wearing shoes!

Kam isn't 6'8, no way he is only 2 inches shorter than Doyle. 6'7 is more realistic

6’6.75 (without shoes?) to be exact, as recently measured in the U18 tryout.

Dawkins could well be the sleeper of the class.

The other thing about this picture (and every picture of Kam) is, Kam’s hips look soo high on his body.

Well, it doesn’t help when Kam appears to be rocking a size M shirt and he’s 6’7!

I see why Horford transferred.

JK…but these guys look big.

Doyle: first listed at 6’7" 230? Uh…that boy BIG!
Wilson: first listed at 6’7/6’8…looks 6’9 at least
Chatman legit 6’7" and Dawkins at least 6’6"

L-R Playing Style IMO. Detlef Schrempf, Brian Shaw, Kevin McHale, can’t peg Muhammad Just yet, Brian Davis (Duke), Dan Majerle Pre crash/injury.

L-R Playing Style IMO. Detlef Schrempf, Brian Shaw, Kevin McHale, can't peg Muhammad Just yet, Brian Davis (Duke), Dan Majerle Pre crash/injury.

I’ll take a crack:

L-R

Matt Barnes
Boris Diaw/Lamar Odom
Austin Croshere
Brandon Knight (less athletic)
Martell Webster
No Comparison for Hatch

After further thought, I would use Jarrett Jack as a comparison to Muhammad Ali Abdur Rahkman. I sure hope Aubrey will Shoot as well as Martell Webster, I’ve always liked Websters game.

L-R Playing Style IMO. Detlef Schrempf, Brian Shaw, Kevin McHale, can’t peg Muhammad Just yet, Brian Davis (Duke), Dan Majerle Pre crash/injury.

I’ll take a crack:

L-R

Matt Barnes
Boris Diaw/Lamar Odom
Austin Croshere
Brandon Knight (less athletic)
Martell Webster
No Comparison for Hatch

So who’s on the Madden all-airport team? You know, who looks like the baddest dude walking around in street clothes? I would say Dawkins and DJ Wilson. After that, Doyle (cuz he’s big) followed by Maar. After that, Kam. I know he’s probably the best, but he looks like kind of dork in that picture. BTW, I don’t think the all-airport actually means anything. After all, Caris would never make the all-airport team, but he can play!

How many first-rounders in this group?

How many first-rounders in this group?

The only ones I feel somewhat confident saying they won’t become (edit: potential) first rounders is MAAR and Hatch. And that’s assuming MAAR is finished growing/developing physically. I’d say Kam is very likely to be the best candidate to be a mid-high first round pick. All the others are wait and see.

Dawkins is 19?