The freshmen have arrived

No a fan of the man capris.

So who’s on the Madden all-airport team? You know, who looks like the baddest dude walking around in street clothes? I would say Dawkins and DJ Wilson. After that, Doyle (cuz he’s big) followed by Maar. After that, Kam. I know he’s probably the best, but he looks like kind of dork in that picture. BTW, I don’t think the all-airport actually means anything. After all, Caris would never make the all-airport team, but he can play!

DJ isn’t going to be intimidating anyone in those man capris. It looks like he’s wearing a pair of small children’s pants.

Tweeted by Bacari

Everyone take a look at this image and tell me you don't see guys pleased with being here. I'm buying are YOU? pic.twitter.com/9Er2QRR8ab

— Bacari Alexander (@bacari34) August 7, 2014

Man, the first thing that pops out to me …Kam appears to have shed a LOT of bad upper body weight, look much better from a physique standpoint. Kam looks 6’7 as we all thought, and Dawkins appears to be a legit 6’6 as reported, which is a good thing.

Preserve the culture fellas!

Doyle looks ready to set a hard screen for someone.

Good call on Chatman Matt D. My only questions are how Kam would matchup in B1G physically and to a lesser extent his jump shot which he has great form, but is very up and down in terms of results. Physically now looks much more impressive. Same goes for Doyle. Think our center duo surprises considering their lack of experience, albeit inconsistency should also be expected. Just think both guys will have great moments throughout the year.

An 8 man class. Is there a hungry Wolf amongst them? One that wants the ball and will be able to get a bucket when we need one. A Stauskas, Burke, Levert mentality? Not sure…Do we have too many “role players?” Time will tell…but I really think we absolutely need a Dozier, Langford, Thornton, Leaf. At least 2 guys that you can just give the ball to and say go. Just not convinced it will happen after we missed on soooo many guys that we wanted. Are Thornton, Leaf, Battle, Winston the next Kennard, Bates Diop, Coleman, Booker, etc…

I am huge on MAAR and Chatman/Wilson are studs.

I hope you are right.
MARR- Not sure quite what you are huge on. Best thing I like about him is speed. Dude can flat out get up and down the court. Average ball handler & did not finish well from film I saw.
Chatman - Think he will be fine. Very crafty and will make others around him better too. Will be a great team player.
Wilson - I worry about him being too weak and getting pushed around. Not be shocked to see a redshirt with him.

I agree on that. And we still have Walton for at least 2 more years, very possibly 3. I’m very confident we’ll get one of the PGs we’re after in '16 along with a few others. Long time to go before we start worrying who will take over for Walton/Levert/Irvin.

ehhh need a replacement for LeVert fairly soon.

I hope you are right. MARR- Not sure quite what you are huge on. Best thing I like about him is speed. Dude can flat out get up and down the court. Average ball handler & did not finish well from film I saw.

He has “it”…very good feel for the game and crafty.

ehhh need a replacement for LeVert fairly soon.

Aren’t we hoping it’s MAAR? If not then yes, '16 has to be the year.

An 8 man class. Is there a hungry Wolf amongst them? One that wants the ball and will be able to get a bucket when we need one. A Stauskas, Burke, Levert mentality? Not sure........Do we have too many "role players?" Time will tell....but I really think we absolutely need a Dozier, Langford, Thornton, Leaf. At least 2 guys that you can just give the ball to and say go. Just not convinced it will happen after we missed on soooo many guys that we wanted. Are Thornton, Leaf, Battle, Winston the next Kennard, Bates Diop, Coleman, Booker, etc.......
Legitimate concerns. Every recruit and every recruitment is different, but a difference between {Booker, Bluiett, Blackmon, and Kennard} and {Dozier, Battle, Langford, etc.} is the former saw a depth chart consisting of Stauskas, LeVert, and Irvin at two spots while the latter is looking at a depth chart of Abdur-Rahkman, Robinson, Irvin, Dawkins, perhaps a little less daunting.

I see 4 more ships b/t 2015/2016.
Levert, Bielfeldt, Hatch, Albrecht.
No more role players please. Dozier, Langford, Thornton & Leaf please.

Dozier, Langford, Thornton & Leaf please.

I’d be stoked if we get those 4. I’d also like Teske or some other big in one of the two classes, probably a necessity. I don’t see Leaf as likely landing here right now (just personal opinion) I think Towns is more likely. And yes, I know you’re perhaps the opposite of “high” on Towns.

Towns - Ill put it this way. Im just as “high” on him as I am on Robinson, MARR, Dawkins, Doyle, & Wilson. He is another JAG “just another guy” to me. We need Wolves, not more Jags.

Dozier and Langford are both creators with a lot of overlap. Langford has stronger handle and more physical while Dozier is more athletic. I’m not so sure a commitment from one might not scare off the other. At this point I think a DT, Towns, and X big class is most likely.

I don’t think Irvin is here in 2016 so Dozier and Langford seems doable.

My current 2016 guess is Teske, Towns, underrecruited pg the staff pulls out of left field that convinces most on this boardthey found a “gem” or “steal” or “perfect fit”.