SMU game at Crisler just got easier

No. 1 prospect in the country Emmanuel Mudiay will bypass college and pursue a professional career.

Scout report.

And significantly less exciting.

Bummer, would much rather play SMU at full strength. Makes for a better game and better for our tourney resume

Would have been fun to see him play, not often you get top prospects strolling through Crisler.

This game will not be an easy win even without Mudiay, I can assure you.

Well that’s disappointing. I was really looking forward to not only watching our game vs SMU but a bunch of the Mustangs’ games in general. Mudiay was my favorite player coming out of this year’s recruiting class.

Meh

They were garbage last year and they won’t pose much of threat this year either without Mudiay. If they lose by less than 30 they should consider themselves lucky.

Meh

They were garbage last year and they won’t pose much of threat this year either without Mudiay. If they lose by less than 30 they should consider themselves lucky.

Garbage? They lost by 2 in the NIT championship and beat UConn TWICE last year.
They return 6 of their top 7 players + they picked up Justin Martin (Xavier) and maybe Jordan Tolbert (Texas Tech).

I wouldn’t call them garbage. I think they have a strong chance of making the NCAA tourney next year.

It’s kind of hard to understand why more top prospects don’t do this. Brandon Jennings made $1 million dollars in his time in Italy off of his contract and endorsements. Say what you will about how his game has developed since, but that $1M obviously means a lot to a family. You can look at Jeremy Tyler too, who left HS before his senior year; he signed for $140k in Israel. That’s a hell of a lot of money for anybody, let alone someone whose family struggles.

There are no NBA guarantees for any HS players, and I think if it were me, I’d give serious consideration to a high-dollar contract in Europe. Can still develop your game and get paid in the process without going to class. Doesn’t sound like a bad deal. I’m sure that Mudiay will have an adequate exposure to NBA scouts, even if it is a bit less than what he might have had at SMU. Best of luck to him, and congratulations to his family for most likely gaining some financial stability.

Meh

I will GLADLY take SMU +30 for a steak dinner! We will be very fortunate to win.

I’m fairly certain Sven was being sarcastic…