Rick Brunson Arrested

Rick Brunson, father of 5 star point guard and michigan target Jalen Brunson, was arrested for sexual assault. He was expected to be hired as an assistant coach for Temple, where Jalen was also expected to go. I think this doesn’t affect our chances much, but still pretty big need nonetheless. Full article: http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/03/report-rick-brunson-arrested-for-alleged-sexual-assault/

See thread comment on the Rick Brunson hire at Temple

http://forum.umhoops.com/discussion/900/wheels-in-motion-for-rick-brunson-hire-at-temple#latest

The comment didn’t really mention anything…I thought it deserved it’s own thread anyways

Part of me feels bad for Jalen. Good enough to go great schools… but will most liely end up at Temple just b/c of his pops. How many games Temple win last year? 10 ? Too bad he may never see the dance.

He should call Trey Ziegler and ask him how that worked out for him.

Well I’m not sure temple will still hire Rick now. I just hope if he doesn’t come here, which is likely, that he’ll go to a different conference.

He should call Trey Ziegler and ask him how that worked out for him.

It worked pretty well for All-American and lottery pick Doug McDermott.

Not a perfect analogy because McDermott wasn’t a big time recruit out of HS like Ziegler and Brunson

The suntimes had an article about the case this morning and the facts don’t sound good. Apparently he was repeatedly requesting the same masseuse at a health club and she requested that he not be allowed to see her again. So he made another appointment with her under a fake name which may have lead to the assault.

Two sides to every story, but the fake name bit is troubling.

the fake name bit is troubling.

What are you trying to say about Patrick Ewing??

/s

the fake name bit is troubling.

What are you trying to say about Patrick Ewing??

/s

Ha! If you are going to use a fake name that’s not a bad way to go I suppose. I personally would have gone with Detlef Shrempf.

That’s the club where I work out. Weird. I wonder if I’ve ever seen him there before. You definitely do see a lot of Stevenson HS kids in there working out, many of them clearly on some sort of teams.