Resurgent bench play fuels Michigan's late-season ascent

4 Likes

So over the last 5 games we’ve actually still been outscored slightly when Austin is in the game

Yeah, Austin still clearly gets roasted defensively. Not fouling nearly as much so that’s good. Generally neutral minutes is pretty much all you need from a backup center anyway.

11 Likes

Two and a half minutes of Brandon Johns highlights were the shot in the arm my day didn’t even know it needed.

11 Likes

(By the way Dylan this is one of the best articles you’ve written. The analysis on this site is unparalleled)

6 Likes

This jumped out to me more than anything else in the article:

Over the last five games, the Wolverines have allowed… .80 points per possession with Davis off the floor.

Wow!!

3 Likes

DeJulius still has an eFG% of 39.4% in Big Ten play, 83rd among 92 players who have played 40% or more of their team’s minutes.

Shooting less and passing more – as he’s doing in February – is an important step in the right direction.

2 Likes

This could help the bench get even better next year

1 Like

News on transfers coming during the season? I should hope not. We may need everyone.

Those conversations will happen after the season.

2 Likes

Yeah I saw this yeserday on 247 sports Insider site. I guess Josh will not be taking anymore visits and should be announcing shortly. One crystal ball now up to 88% for Juwan Howard. Go Blue!

1 Like

It’s actually 100% now. The lone UCLA pick finally flipped yesterday or a couple days ago

2 Likes

Now that’s really special! Ahhh it’s great to be a Michigan Wolverine ehh!

1 Like