Recruiting Wishlist

Thought it would be fun to take an informal poll of who we all want in terms of recruiting. Won’t include 2015 because Brown and Cook are essentially the only 2 on the board. I named the players in order of my personal preference/wishlist:

PG:
Thornton
Goodin
Winston
Ramsey

SG/Wing:
Langford
Murray
Battle
Hughes

Forward:
Towns
Cook
Ivanauskas

Winston- We have absolutely no shot with Thorton. Would be a huge victory over MSU. Not to mention the kid can PLAY. Very under rated shooter.
Battle- I think his athletisim, handles & shot me plus make him next to unstoppable at Michigan. I don’t think many are giving him much of a shot to end up here other then Webb, Balas and his dad. I think we nab him given how stacked Duke is. It’s a Duke/UM battle.
Langford- Te first couple videos I saw on JL a year or so ago, I liked but he wasn’t a had to have kid. After seeing him recover from his injury and his tape since has been impressive. Would love him next to Battle and Winston.
I’ll take Cook over Towns. Different look. And we already have Wilson, Chatman and sometimes DRob at the 4

Guess I should’ve prefaced the original post - this is a wish list rather than a realistic list. In other words, curious to see who you guys would want assuming we were on equal footing with each and every recruit.

'16

PG:
Thornton

SG/Wing:
Langford
Battle

Forward:
Josh Jackson

'15
Beilein has to find a way to land Brown. We have zero playmakers on this team. Need someone who can create.

'16

PG:
Thornton

SG/Wing:
Langford
Battle

Forward:
Josh Jackson

'15
Beilein has to find a way to land Brown. We have zero playmakers on this team. Need someone who can create.

Great catch - Jackson would probably be higher on my board than anyone not named Brown

if no Brown, hopefully Murray reclassifies to '15 and we snag him.

if no Brown, hopefully Murray reclassifies to '15 and we snag him.

Murray reclassifying is not good for us. Good for Illinois

I’ll be pleasantly surprised if we land another player along with Winston. I just don’t see JB closing any of these kids.

I would rather live in the scope of reality so with that said I would take Goodin at the Point - Murray at the Two - Towns at the Three and Cook at the Five.

So what are the options at 6ft8 or taller to land to play the supposed “stretch four”? Hopefully someone who can hit the jumper all the while protecting the rim a little as well as contribute on the defensive glass.

Wish list (with some basis in reality):

PG: Winston
SG: really like both Battle and Langford, so either would be huge for the program.
Forward: Towns

I think we’ll end up with Towns and maybe Winston (although I really think MSU will be tough to beat). And, unfortunately, we will continue to get pounded on the glass by most high major teams.

I’ll be THRILLED if we can close out the class with Winston, Langford/Murray, Towns, and Teske

That could be an exciting group.

Wish List:
Goodin
Langford
Towns
Cook

Hope for list:
Winston
Towns
Cook

I think there is a world where Towns and Cook are not an either or proposition. And Cook is a 4 with Towns a 3. Add Teske at the 5 and we are being touted for our athleticism up front.

Winston, Battle, Towns, Teske.