Potential 2014 Targets

@Brotherhood05 Creighton and Iowa have requested and received a release for Cole Huff

Iowa, OSU or Neb getting Huff = future nightmares

Agree that we could use a rotation big yet this year-a grad transfer would be ideal. Assuming at this point that McGary comes back, all we really need is someone who can put in 10-15 solid minutes a night, at most. With Donnal stepping in and whatever contributions we get from Doyle, Wilson and Beilfeldt, we’d be just fine along the front. Remember, our bigs only averaged about 40 minutes a game in total last season, and we did just fine. I don’t see any problem getting even more than that next year, if we wanted. I can’t see Beilein playing two bigs anything close to all the time. Along with that, if we can land another wing/SG that can provide a little depth in their first year (5-10 minutes a game), we’ll be solid everywhere.

Byron Wesley ‏@byron_wesley 19m I would like to announce that I have decided to graduate from USC this summer and transfer for my final year of college basketball.

We NEED to go after Byron Wesley

18 ppg 6.5 rpg 2 apg 47 % FG 34 % 3 on 2 attempts

Immediately eligible

Jeff Borzello

‏@jeffborzello
Four-star shooting guard Ahmed Hill announced he is reopening his recruitment. Had been signed to Marquette:

Jeff Borzello

‏@jeffborzello
Four-star shooting guard Ahmed Hill announced he is reopening his recruitment. Had been signed to Marquette:

Gonna be over this weekend with both Dawkins and Rahkman visiting.

Jeff Borzello

‏@jeffborzello

Gonna be over this weekend with both Dawkins and Rahkman visiting.

Bank the other 1 or 2 schollys?

I hope we don’t take both guys visiting this weekend. They are too similar and rather save the scholly for another big in 2014 or for any of the top targets in 2015

I hope we don't take both guys visiting this weekend. They are too similar and rather save the scholly for another big in 2014 or for any of the top targets in 2015

Agreed.

clint parks ‏@Brotherhood05 Michigan has requested and received a release for Cole Huff

hmmmmmm

If we requested it I assume that means we’re seriously interested.

Jeff Goodman

‏@GoodmanESPN
Houston duo of Danuel House and TaShawn Thomas expected to hear transfer appeal decision by end of day on Friday, source told ESPN.

Also, with Haith to Tulsa maybe opens up these two

We seem to have a lot of possibilities open to us, but I’m not sure I’d like to see us take more than one, unless the other is a grad transfer that we know will leave a spot next year. Beilein is a little out of his comfort zone recruiting this way, and I’d rather see us fill most of next year’s class with guys he’s taken his time to get to know.

We seem to have a lot of possibilities open to us, but I'm not sure I'd like to see us take more than one, unless the other is a grad transfer that we know will leave a spot next year. Beilein is a little out of his comfort zone recruiting this way, and I'd rather see us fill most of next year's class with guys he's taken his time to get to know.

Beilein is very familiar with building programs via transfer. 2015 isn’t assurred, especially combo forwards and centers.

Has it been said anywhere that we have shown interest in Sean Obi? Saw he is visiting Duke this weekend, just the type of 5 I would like to see that can clean up the glass. Don’t really see any other 15 recruits in the same mold.

Yes, he is, but as noted on this site, he usually likes to take more time observing and getting to know the recruits and their families, rather than cramming it all into a few weeks. And nothing is sure for 2015, but we’re probably not going to find a top notch big yet this year. Maybe a good SG, which we could use next year.

Obi wants to go to a top tier academic university. Duke, Northwestern and Vandy are his 3 choices. Think our staff may prefer a big who can pick n pop.

Josh Little
‏@JoshMLittle
Wolf Pack ease restrictions on Cole Huff’s transfer. He can now play anywhere in Southern California except for MWC teams.

Will make it tough but his camp are big fans of UM.

Jordan Littman
‏@JordanLittman
Indiana and Michigan mentioned. #iubb RT @ladailynews: USC guard Byron Wesley leaves program, may go to Midwest http://shout.lt/snGm

Was just a matter of time before Nevada admins came to their sense regarding the limitations originally put on Huff. Makes sense to bar him from the Mountsin West, but not the whole west coast per se. Being from L.A. Have to wonder about the interest from local schools if he seemingly wants to go home. If he’s open we’d be a great fit. He is an excellent free throw shooter and a more than adequate three point threat. After watching tapes of his games it is my opinion that he has room to improve as a rebounder, but the ability is there. Not often that we request a kids release, have to believe the interest is sincere.

what was the reason Huff wanted to transfer in the first place?

According to the Reno-Gazette it is his desire to play the small forward position, his projected position in the pros.