Potential 17 targets

Any Euro targets worth exploring?

At this point, unless Bamba selects UM, the most prudent course of action is pocketing the scholarship for the Class of '18 and perhaps checking the Grad Transfer options this spring/summer.

There really arenā€™t available minutes for a project recruit. C is well stocked. The 3&4 spots have good depth. The 2-spot doesnā€™t appear to be an issue. Theoretically thereā€™s a potential need at PG, but Freshmen have traditionally struggled to learn the nuances of Beileinā€™s offense in Year 1 ā€” adding a mid-3* late riser PG so you have another body in the mix doesnā€™t seem like a strategy that with a high chance of success (and puts your depth chart out of whack moving forward with a highly regarded PG set to come in w/the '18 Class)

If a wing was available that could get to the rim I would take, this offense could always use more of that especially if they were a good on the ball defender.

Sounds like Greg Elliot.

1 Like

I would be OK with them offering Greg

I donā€™t see a worthwhile grad transfer coming to Michigan without the promise of minutes. Where are those going to come from? Maybe a heady PG that really wants his post-graduate degree would be a good add.

2 Likes

AP Source: Central Michigan scoring sensation @Marcus3Keene entering NBA draft @larrylage https://t.co/kH5s2Kxn8E pic.twitter.com/BO4HHfg201

ā€” AP Top 25 (@AP_Top25) March 14, 2017
Good luck to the guy; I like seeing kids make it to the pros from mid majors
2 Likes

What, no Thunder Dan Majerle image to go with a CMU NBA announcement?

Thatā€™ll happen at the draft 110%

1 Like

Yea I think a PG with size would be the best fit for a grad transfer next year but Iā€™ll believe it when I see it.

Martial Shayok, the big wing at Virginia is transferring. Sounds like he would sit out 1 and play 1 but curious if JB would be interested. Think we offered him late during his senior year. Would have the potential to have a big impact in 18 compared to a freshman, scored 23 in their first round game last week.

1 Like

That would be the ultimate in system changes. Haha. Going from an elite defensive system that has ?s on offense to an elite offensive system that has ?s on defense.

1 Like

I wasnā€™t already pondering this myself. Iā€™d love it

Any chance we jump back in?

Seems unlikely with no original offer and Simpson, Brooks, and DeJulius in the fold, not to mention Poole and other '18 targets.

2 Likes

Thatā€™d be 5 sub 6ā€™2" guards in 3 recruiting classes. Doubt we would get involved.

Thoughts on Thomas Allen everyone?

1 Like

Looks like he can shoot it for sure. I like seeing that heā€™s got a pull-up as well as a floater in the mid-range. Not much in the video as far as the handle.

Heā€™s listed as a 2 on every recruiting site I checked, so hopefully he grows a couple of inches yet. You donā€™t know how serious they are, but I like seeing that Kentucky & Kansas have reached out since he re-opened his recruitment. He has offers from Illinois & OSU in the B1G according to 247.

his final five were Ohio State, Nebraska, N.C. State, Virginia Tech and Saint Louis

FWIW, ESPN lists him at 6ā€™0, and Rivals and Scout at 6ā€™1.

Like the player and the skillset, not sure I see the fit with the current roster composition though

1 Like