Podcast: How did Michigan miss on Josh Christopher and what comes next?

1 Like

Looks like you recorded this pod about 3-4 hours too early, Dylan…

8 Likes

Quinn on Wagner playing the two next season was vintage: “But it’s not like he’s going against NBA twos in the Big Ten; who gives a shit” case closed! Fwiw I agree

2 Likes

He got roasted by WISCONSIN 2s

That game is a data point but it was also a bad gameplan and Michigan struggled in a lot of different ways, including communication. They were trying to play differently than they really had in any other game.

I missed the Wisconsin game, but rather than thinking of him guarding the 2, is it worth thinking of him guarding the ball-dominant player? I’m working with an awfully small sample size here, but Wagner Tayshaun Prince’d Winston down the stretch, using his length as a weapon. I don’t know that you can ask him to do it 25 minutes a game because he did it once for about five or six possessions, but that’s quite possibly an easier ask than chasing a quicker guard around screens?

1 Like

I do think Wagner at the 2 becomes something that has to be done at least a bit. If Johns is our 4th best player it has to be done just so we can get our best guys on the floor, and giving Terrence Williams some PT since I think he’ll be better than many of our other reserves.

2 Likes