Olympics and USA Basketball

I watched Germany on Peacock yesterday. Haven’t looked yet to see if the games later will be aired there though. I assume it will. It seems like Peacock has pretty much every event available.

1 Like

I tried searching for upcoming games and even searched for Germany basketball on there and couldn’t find it.

Maybe it was on there today but there app and website were so poorly put together i could not find todays game. I could find the USA games easily enough

6 Likes

I don’t have the Peacock app, but I get Peacock through Xfinity and it shows that it will be aired later.

1 Like

Italy-Australia was just on . . . USA? One of their secondary networks.

Many have tried…

https://twitter.com/MichiganOnBTN/status/969690144390356992?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^969690144390356992|twgr^|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fftw.usatoday.com%2F2018%2F03%2Fmichigan-basketball-john-beilein-moe-wagner-foul-germany-big-ten-tournament

15 Likes

Maybe Beilein kept saying “nein” and Moe inferred that meant he gets 9 fouls before fouling out.

5 Likes

Possibility he can’t.

Some would say that what Moe does on that end of the court can’t even be called “defense”. It is just sort of getting in the way and drawing fouls.

3 Likes

He’s a drop-coverage center who can’t block shots. Not many options other than “try to get in people’s way”.

I wonder if he’s still good for two over-the-back fouls on rebounds every game.

1 Like

Thanks to the US blowout Germany will advance to the quarter finals

4 Likes

France
Italy

Germany
Slovenia

USA
Spain

Australia
Argentina

Top half of the bracket is much easier than the bottom

1 Like

I think the top half is tougher.

France and Slovenia have looked to me the best teams in the tournament. Italy lost to Australia by 3.

I would tend to agree. USA/Spain are 1-2 in the world and Argentina got one of 2 3rd place seeds. Australia is missing Baynes but there is a lot of experience on that roster.

By reputation the bottom half is better (and whichever side has the US is going to be tougher, as a rule) but based on group play, it’s pretty close. I would say the four best teams so far have been the US, Slovenia, France and Australia, and they are split up evenly. The two worst teams seem to be Germany and Argentina and they are also split up on the two sides of the bracket. That leaves Spain/Italy. Spain obviously has the better recent history but their 2021 version hasn’t wowed me.

3 Likes

Moe and Germany tipping off against Slovenia in the quarterfinals right now. USA plays at 12:40 AM ET

1 Like

Wait that’s tonight?? I was thinking tomorrow but I guess it is tomorrow in Japan

1 Like

What channel is the Germany game on or is it just streamed? NBC’s confusing coverage of these games has really sucked so far.

Nbcs coverage has been b u t t. You have tog o online to nbcolympics.com to stream it

1 Like