Olympics and USA Basketball

Usa hoops is :fire:

We need this thread and today is the day to start it. This is the 3rd best day of 2021 (behind two vaccine days).

3 Likes

Yeah we have been talking about it in the Michigan players in the NBA thread, but can move the conversation over here.

Anybody sprinkling a little betting money on non-USA teams to win? I’m strongly debating

1 Like

Anyone else getting nervous we’re on track for another Fall with no in-person sports?

1 Like

no, it’s way too far gone for that. at this point anyone getting covid is collateral

4 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. You’re going to have a much harder time shutting down the machine a second time. No support from the public this time around and every owner / investor has first hand experience of what that does to their checking account.

It will be interesting to see if a school requires athletes but not students to be vaxed. How will they make that argument?

2 Likes

Most schools in this country require MMR and tuberculosis vaccinations.

I don’t see why this should be controversial.

4 Likes

At most, we might require proof of vaccination to attend.

I guess I wonder if covid, again, forces the institutions to distinguish athletes from students. (maybe I’m still fighting the last war, in which case call me Monsieur Dirk.)

2 Likes

If nothing else, the fact that the US is now depending on a 33 year old center who got 18 minutes a game on a bad team to be its primary backup should be a statement on the matrix of injury, positional depth, and willingness to participate.

At least Keldon Johnson played (pretty well)!

2 Likes

Moe just did his patented behind the back. Germany playing well! Him and Gallinari are having a fun little back and forth.

Edit for like the third time cuz it’s 1am and I’m watching German basketball strictly for Moe and it’s getting more and more ridiculous….he can’t guard anyone. It’s hilariously bad. Four straight possessions whoever he switches onto just isos him and scores. But all four possessions offensively they’ve fed Moe on the block and he scores every time. Size up jumper, behind the back, gets fouled, and one fadeaway jumper. This is fun, it’s like last year Iowa, but olympics!

10 Likes

Wait they’re switching with Mo? That’s, uh, a really bad idea.

3 Likes

Absolutely Terrible job by NBC for not broadcasting the USA vs France game live on TV

7 Likes

I wasn’t going to be able to watch it but, really? What on Earth are they showing instead?

1 Like

Right now it’s men’s beach volleyball. Meanwhile, USA trails France by one with 8:00 left in the fourth. Draymond just got abused but lucky for him the French guy only made 1/2 at the line.

2 Likes

Durant has been abysmal in this game.

Durant and Lillard were bad. Had a decent lead down the stretch and blew it.

1 Like

Porobably trying to drive traffic to Peacock.

1 Like