Notes and pics from Italy

Michigan left for Italy on Friday and the Wolverines are already seeing the sights today. The program is using the hash tag #ForzaBlu to help people follow along.

I hope the team has fun! Also, the coliseum is listed at 157 feet tall but next to our team it only looks to be 140 feet tall. A good sign, I think.

http://instagram.com/p/rwyc79CW8p/

Muhammad Ali Abdur-Rahkman
http://instagram.com/p/rw1NWXw1II/

Bacari with some tweets

I like the matching shirts, don’t need any of the players getting lost.

Day 1 Photo Gallery

Thanks for the updates Dylan! Great to see that the team is having a good time. Hopefully they’ll have some success on the court too.

‏@umichbball
First warm up of the season. Man do the blue jerseys look good. #ForzaBlu

Dylan - any insight as to why Andy and Spike have the white shoes and the remainder of the team has the matching Addidas?

Dylan - any insight as to why Andy and Spike have the white shoes and the remainder of the team has the matching Addidas?

The white shoes are adidas as well. A lot of guys were wearing them during practice on Wednesday. They can usually choose what shoes they want to wear.

Thanks. I remember McGary often had mismatch shoes - I assumed his feet were simply too big for a particular model or perhaps there were some comfort issues. I was just curious because it wouldn’t seem that Andy or Spike had feet are too big for a given model of shoe.

I’ll tell you what - people are saying Dawkins is light in the rear, he looks pretty ripped to me on that pic above. Noticeably wider in the shoulders and thicker in the arms in relation to Caris. Really like his potential versatility on the defensive end. Big reason why I think he takes PT from DJ this year. If he plays as strong as he looks on that pic I could see him defending the 2,3 and 4 spots

@umichbball now
Today’s Starting Five: Walton, LeVert, Irvin, Chatman & Donnal. #ForzaBlu

Really interested in Donnal’s rebounding more than anything else

And we’re off
Back-to-Back steals by U-M leads to transition lay-up by @DerrickWalton10 and triple from @zirvin21 . U-M leads 6-0

Also ran a PnR for Donnal which resulted in FTs. Interesting

Apparently Donnal is off to quite the start. A layup and an assist off a touch pass to Kam for a dunk