No easy answers after Zavier Simpson's suspension

He wont be eligible after the 2020 fall semester? I assumed that was part of the reason for the mid year transfer

Dunno whether Zeb will take time physically or notā€“he probably needs to bulk up but heā€™s got the functional athleticism to make it at the next level right now. Dunking all over the place.

1 Like

This is my thought. He doesnā€™t have the wind/ legs to go all out on both ends. It gets worse with guys like Tillman, kofi, and Williams who are loads and post up/ fight non stop down low. You can see teske having to lean a lot and throw his body into guys because he doesnā€™t have the legs to squat down and hold them off. It takes a lot out of him and then he canā€™t go all out on offense and be super active like they need him to be.

Last year he could take off a bit on offense if he needed to cause there were more options but this year particularly without livers he doesnā€™t have that luxury. Kid looks very winded and like he has no legs often, then he starts to play sloppy.

1 Like

Those back to back 3s last gameā€¦ Yikes. One barely hit the front rim and the next one was about as short as you can possibly shoot a spot up 3.

Considering how well he shoots long 2s, he needs to drop the 3 pointer and just take a couple steps in. Thatā€™s not something I say often or lightly, but itā€™s time. His 3 point shooting isnā€™t adding anything to our offense at this point.

Heā€™s open enough on the pick and pops that he could stand to take a couple steps in, and I think it could provide more spacing since heā€™s actually a threat there.

5 Likes

Completely agree. He needs to stick in the Rik Smits range.

We donā€™t need a 26% three point shooter jacking up six threes in another game this season.

1 Like

Yeah, if someone were to tell me that Jon put up six three-pointers tonight my first assumption would be that Michigan lost.

1 Like

Yea, heā€™s so random. When heā€™s hitting from deep, which isnā€™t often , the offense is impossible to stop because z is so damn crafty and quick. I really thought he was going to become a 35 -38 percent guy by the end of his career but it never materialized. He aims too much instead of just letting it go and trusting the muscle memory. Makes his shot very tight and rough looking. Not smooth at all.

His shot is flat as can be. No room for error.

really? his shot is way too high arching, not flat, from what I remember.

Looks pretty flat to me. Moā€™s shot is a total rainbow.

Definitely flat. It seems like he shoots with a high velocity too, but that could just be optics from the trajectory. The fastest route from A to B is a straight line lol

I thought you guys were talking about X, since we were in his thread lol, my bad. Xā€™s shot is very high arching.

But yeah, Teskeā€™s shot is flat for sure.

1 Like

Teske is going against a gauntlet of amazing bigs. I have never seen anything like it.