New Target: 2015 C Levi Cook

Looks like UM initiated the contact - basically a preliminary filter to ensure Cook is a good kid that will be admitted. From the context of this interview, it seems like Pitt may be the leader at this point.

Yeah without doing much research, Pitt was the team that jumped out to me as a team that would be serious competition. Hopefully he watched last night. JB does have it in him to feed the post a little bit!

To JB’s credit, I think he has recognized that if you don’t have the talent (or bodies to some extent in our case) to create from the perimeter, you have to feed the post in order to create space and good looks. Cook would help immensely in that regard

To JB's credit, I think he has recognized that if you don't have the talent (or bodies to some extent in our case) to create from the perimeter, you have to feed the post in order to create space and good looks. Cook would help immensely in that regard

I am not sure it will be a regular staple to regularly land kids like Cook though unless they are the diehard dreamt of playing at UM types. He does have some useful skills that Beilein has been prone to use out of the post when he has them though. Hopefully that message can be hammered home.

People on the WVU sites say he won’t qualify. Not too often Beilein takes a chance on those type of guys. Interesting to see how this plays out.

2015 Huntington Prep C Levi Cook did not make an official visit to South Carolina this weekend as planned

— NextUpRecruits.com (@NextUpRecruits) January 31, 2015

Congrats to @ron_Alston who was selected game MVP alongside Huntington Prep's Levi Cook for Friday's game. pic.twitter.com/ojBSkO3wIb

— Miller Hoops (@MSAHoops) February 1, 2015

That is a BIG man right there

Jerry Meyer put in a crystal ball for Levi Cook and Michigan FWIW.

Update with Cook, seems like he is simply a fallback option for UM at this point, no visit set up as of yet.

These numbers shocked me and not in a good way. His contributions have certainly been noteworthy as he is averaging 6.1 points, 7.6 rebounds, and 2.3 blocks per game.

These numbers shocked me and not in a good way. His contributions have certainly been noteworthy as he is averaging 6.1 points, 7.6 rebounds, and 2.3 blocks per game.

Numbers not really indicative of his true value. Huntington Prep is an ELITE prep school. They generally produce 3-6 high major prospects per year. If he was on an average HS team his numbers would be much better

If he were playing for most any other team, those numbers might be cause for concern. But Huntington Prep is one of the best HS basketball factories in the country.

I really like his game. He reminds me of Kennedy Meeks (pre-weight loss). Great feet, great hands, and a high skill level. I really hope we take a serious run at him.

off the brief videos I have seen I agree with Alum. for a guy that big he seems to move well and have some skill. thats the type of guy beilen could work with and get some productivity out of.

Yes, Huntington Prep is considered an elite “prep” school but it doesn’t have the same team as they have had recently. (They are still good but not overwhelming anymore) I know that Thomas Bryant (top 35 prospect) is a post player that takes away minutes from Cook. Ted Kapita is another top 150 player in the class that takes up minutes. Couldn’t imagine them playing three posts with Miles Bridges playing the wing who could easily slide to the 4 in a HS setting.

As a coach, you want to see a kid of his size just dominate. It’s just not realistic at the HS/Prep level because of how guard oriented things are. He should still have some dominate stretches during games.

Huntington Prep (WV) F/C Levi Cook: 8 PTS, 9 REB, 4 AST in a 99-66 win over Legacy Charter http://t.co/xxbsjH5CSw

— Prep Circuit (@PrepCircuit) February 9, 2015

Huntington Prep 63, Legacy Charter 36. 4:02, 3rd. Best game I've seen Levi Cook have this yr in terms of hustle & offensive decision-making.

— Grant Traylor (@GrantTraylor) February 8, 2015

6-10, 3-star C . Recruitment is picking up as teams look for size. RT @MattSteinbrink: Levi Cook @LCook45 will officially visit Pitt Mar 3-5

— Chas Rich (@ChasRich27) February 14, 2015

2015 3-Star Center Levi Cook Hoping To Visit Michigan "Very Soon." http://t.co/EUSeANckX2 pic.twitter.com/6lNOrKozb7

— Thomas Beindit (@tbeindit) February 27, 2015

Maybe we do have legit interest in Cook

@c_gilly94 They should get a visit from Huntington (W.Va.) C Levi Cook...

— Sam Webb (@SamWebb77) March 9, 2015

Passing ability: kid can pass the ball and you know Coach Beilein loves that. Doesn’t hurt that he’s big as a house

Passing ability: kid can pass the ball and you know Coach Beilein loves that. Doesn't hurt that he's big as a house

I’m a big fan of Cook. Obviously the kid needs to get in shape, but he has a very nice skill set. Good footwork and passing, and is really agile for a kid that size. He definitely brings a skill set to the team that we need badly. Has the ability to draw a double team in the post and free up our shooters for open looks.