NCAA 2021: Michigan vs. Texas Southern Open Thread

He scored 16 on like 7 shots? The refs were the only thing that stopped him from putting up 25 and 10

7 Likes

Iā€™ll go further: It was a fine game until it turned into a farce of a refshow. Iā€™ll put 5% on lazy ORBs and turnovers, and 95% on the worst officiating Iā€™ve seen this year.

11 Likes

I thought Hunter looked fine when TSU wasnā€™t grabbing and pawing him. Hopefully the next crew wonā€™t take pity on the guy guarding him.

3 Likes

Oh boy. Mike Smith saying ā€œBig Ten is the best conferenceā€ in the PG interview. You know that makes the SEC psychos salivate in any sport.

2 Likes

It Just Means Moreā„¢. :face_vomiting:

4 Likes

At least today didnt look like Bama, OSU, or Purdue games in the 2nd halfā€¦Iā€™ll take a relatively easy, if sloppy win, today over those other teamā€™s 1st rd situations.

9 Likes

Brandon Jones didnā€™t play perfect today, but he was aggressive, bagged a three, got the line, and made FTs. Heā€™s the guy Juwan is counting on more than Brown, so itā€™s great to see he had a solid game.

10 Likes

Iā€™m more nervous about Hunterā€™s struggles than the refs. They donā€™t call the LSU game.

1 Like

Great point. I think we all have some Livers trauma to our mindset/outlook. We will win with defense in the end, that is where I want to see improvement. And adjusting to the whistle.

Honestly, this year, who knows? Theyā€™re using fewer refs than usual and also sent home 6 already.

1 Like

I should have said despite 16, knowing people would focus on that. Heā€™s not the same nasty, aggressive, automatic post score from multiple spots guy he was earlier in the year. I really donā€™t feel like arguing about this but to me thereā€™s more in there and we need it.

1 Like

Poor Chaundee still waiting for his first ever point in an NCAA tournament game. Hope he gets several on Monday

9 Likes

Well, when he did make an aggressive move he was hit with a flagrant.

For whatever reason heā€™s seemed to get a much tougher whistle the second half of the year. He somehow doesnā€™t draw many fouls and when he does theyā€™re always on the floor. And he gets a couple of dodgy offensive fouls per game.

Even weirder is that Johns constantly draws fouls when he posts up.

4 Likes

When a team is up by 20 and loses the 2H I try to cut them some slack. Just hoping the officiating is different on Monday. And weā€™re gonna need Chaundee to figure something out. Canā€™t win if he doesnā€™t hit a couple 3s I donā€™t think

12 Likes

The only call worse than the flagrant was the ā€œmoving screen.ā€ :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Itā€™s definitely a combo of bad calls and him just seeming like a slightly missighted rifle.

1 Like

Even aside from his lapses, Chaundeeā€™s defense doesnā€™t seem as strong. Is he hurt?

1 Like

Do we know when and where the game will be on Monday?

To all those freaking out, just think about how you could instead be sending nasty tweets to EJ Liddel and then take a deep breath.

4 Likes

Nope, not yet.