NCAA 2021: Michigan vs. Texas Southern Open Thread

Since you cant downvote me :slight_smile: the swinging of elbows with more force/speed than the pivot has been a point of emphasis for a few years. If the contact is near the head with the elbow, they’re going to elevate that 90% of the time to intentional/flagrant 1. Hunter could have turned into the defender without elbows out, and been more ready to go up and shoot. But IMO he was getting fouled before & after he caught the ball on the block. So it’s a frustration foul on his part.

4 Likes

Well this board should be slow on Monday with all the folks on here that aren’t even gonna watch the game since this team is trash and has no chance…

8 Likes

So, I’m switching to the 2/15 game in this same region, wherein the score is Alabama 33, Iona 32. This game wasn’t perfect, but a little perspective goes a long way.

7 Likes

People need to chill. Texas Southern got every touch foul, OOB and 50/50 call under the sun for the last 8 minutes. Thats going to happen with a team up 24 with 8 minutes left. Its impossible to keep rhythm in a game like that

9 Likes

Lol, this is gold

8 Likes

I’m now on the Johns > Chaundee train.

7 Likes

But it wasn’t near the head! The contact, such as it was, was right under his armpit. The overhead camera view was extremely misleading. The view from under the basket was clear.

2 Likes

Is Chaundee broken?

1 Like

Is Williams the best post entry passer on Michigan? If so you need to play him.

1 Like

Let the record show that I am not rooting for Rick Pitino. I am simply rooting against his opponent.

4 Likes

We were hovering around +20 when Juwan went to Smith and 4 reserves. I feel like our guys took their foot off the gas at that point. Nice lesson, don’t think there’s much concern otherwise. We looked like a team that is still capable of beating every team in this region.

2 Likes

I left 10% for the oddball call

You’re right - I can’t downvote you. :grin:

5 Likes

Glorified scrimmage. Frustrating stretches.

Lord please give me midseason Hunter Dickinson. We need you big fella.

4 Likes

Chaundee needs to relax. He transferred to Michigan for this tourney run. He got into a postseason game, now he can settle back into something resembling his game.

7 Likes

A valid question.

First NCAA win for Juwan!

18 Likes

God no, please don’t play T Will in important minutes.

For a program with the amount of success um has had in the tourney, you’d think people wouldn’t freak out about a bad opening game. Has happened several times only for um to explode in the following game.

7 Likes

I agree, the refs made that game miserable and Michigan’s players were clearly frustrated. Only real gripes are lazy rebounding and Juwan getting way too cute way too early with rotations. The starters need practice together much more than the reserves need minutes in case theyre needed in future games

1 Like