NBA Playoffs Thread

For the same reason I think OKC will beat GS - if both teams bring their A games (granted, a big if), Cleveland will win 9 out of 10 times. Toronto has to play VERY well in order to win any game, while Cleveland has to be less than good.

Do Toledo people generally cheer for Cleveland teams? Or more Detroit?

In Windsor, I’d say there are somewhat more Detroit fans than Toronto fans, but people are liable to switch sides based on whoever is doing well at the moment.

WTF…can someone explain the NBA Instant Replay reasoning?

With 50 seconds left, Westbrook CLEARLY gets hit on the arm from behind and loses the ball out of bounds. The refs call it OKC ball.

Then during instant replay, after clearly showing they F’d the call on the foul. They still have to overturn and give the ball to GS.

I don’t get it…the ONLY reason he lost the ball was a direct result of the foul that they didn’t call.
So the refs get to review one part of the call but not the other?

The only thing more unjust are the inconsistent moving screen calls I see…

It’s unfair that either of these teams will have to play another series to be champs.

Though if they aren’t dead from the series, I don’t see how Cleveland can beat them unless they’re on fire from deep all series

I think he was losing it either way. He didn’t hack him to bad. Either way they wer the bed.

I’m one of the only people who has faith in the cavs. I really like their chances versus either team.

The only “foul” you can review is whether a call was a block or a charge.

1 Like

Right. And I think that’s stupid.

They used instant replay to make sure they got the call right…but only about PART of the play.
So IMO they actually used instant replay to make the WRONG call.

The whole point is correctness. But it backfires when you can’t consider the fouling aspect. It’s counter-productive.

Uh, no. He got hacked pretty good on the elbow area. I’d love to see you try and dribble at full speed when getting hacked from behind like that…

I’m probably the only person in the world that still believes OKC will win the series. GS needed a once in a lifetime performance from Klay in combination with poor play from KD in order to squeeze in a very close W. Just don’t think GS can play that well 3 straight games

I think you’re overstating how well the Warriors played and how poorly the Thunder did. OKC had the upper hand and was player very very well for 3.5 quarters. Golden State had to play well to keep up with them, but outside of Thompson’sshooting, I don’t think GS played all that great until the end of the game when Iggy stepped up on D. In fact, they had a ton of bonehead mistakes.

It’ll be a great Game 7 though. 50/50

1 Like

Toledo is very split when it comes to pro teams. Probably more Tigers than Indians fans, way more Wings fans than Blue Jackets, a bit more Browns than Lions fans, and since Lebron, more Cavs fans.

1 Like

OKC still has a chance as they have proven they can win at Golden State. But I think a lot of people are discounting the Cavaliers. I think LeBron is going to win this with his full squad this year.

If they do, it’ll be because they’ve had a cakewalk to the Finals and will be fresher than either GSW or OKC

How do you they propose they implement this considering how arbitrary foul calls are? There really isn’t anything reviewable in any sport that is a “judgment call”.

You mean like Golden State did last year.

They’ve been the superior team still this series without a doubt in my book. That being said I’m not sure. I literally have no idea how either team will play. I still feel like the Warriors haven’t been themselves. If they turn up and play a complete game they will win I think. I thought the thunder might have really screwed themselves. Lots of lucky bounces, loose balls, and overall right place right time going their way and they still blew it.

That being said it’s clear the Warriors can’t handle them in the paint and that the thunder are playing tougher d overall. Also they have no answer for Westbrook. Should be a doozy. Haven’t looked forward to a game this much in a while.

This will help but not be the reason they win. I honestly think the cavs matchup well with either team. I also like the the cavs lineup. I still think they would have won last year if healthy. Lebron won two games with no help. Now he’s got some.

Yes, but the Cavs had an easy run in last year as well. The East is getting better depth. But their top end is still Cleveland and nobody. Just like how it was the Heat and nobody once the Celtics got old.