Muhammad Ali Abdur-Rahkman commits!

Per Sam Webb,

From Sam Webb:

2014 Allentown (Pa.) Central Catholic G Muhammad Ali Abdur-Rahkman has committed to #Michigan

Sure hope we don’t take Dawkins too. Always thought MAAR was the best option.

Huff, Obi, Eron Harris, Daniel House, Tashawn Thomas or Svia for the last 1/2 spots

if not

bank it.

Would love Obi. Wonder if he’s really interested?

Would love Obi. Wonder if he's really interested?

Doubt it.

Realistically our options are

Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk- lottery talent who’d be here for 3 years. Farther along skill wise than any wing JB has ever had.

Eron Harris= 17 ppg scorer, sniper

Cole Huff- 6’8’’ 3/4, sniper. Imagine him and Chatman on the wings?

Other than that, bank it, but who knows, maybe the staff believes they can turn any wing into All B1G and take Dawkins.

I will be very surprised if we take Dawkins.

With MAAR in the fold, would love to concentrate on combo forwards as transfer options. Huff is #1 for me. Webb reported Obi is certainly interested but Duke and others ate creeping around. I don’t understand why kids aren’t running here. It’s incredible.

I think best player available makes sense. The roster is versatile enough to slide guys up or down.

Sam Webb
‏@SamWebb77
#Michigan has offered 2014 New Hampton (N.H.) Prep guard Aubrey Dawkins

Wilson
Doyle
Dawkins
MAAR

I guess we will see if “can turn 3 stars into lottery picks”
Personally think we take a step back in a year or so and 2015 recruiting is now murky

Guess we weren’t really that involved with the other options after all. Very surprised we took both.

Wilson Doyle Dawkins MAAR

Personally think we take a step back in a year or so and 2015 recruiting is now murky

Wonder if they now know that Mitch is really leaving? Seems very odd to offer both even with the expected loss of Caris next year. My Gosh are these kids better than any combination of Brunson, Coleman, or Davis next year? Weird.

Wilson Doyle Dawkins MAAR

Wonder if they now know that Mitch is really leaving? Seems very odd to offer both even with the expected loss of Caris next year. My Gosh are these kids better than any combination of Brunson, Coleman, or Davis next year? Weird.

If Mitch does leave, what bigman can UM get thats B1G caliber? They don’t exist.

No doubt. Do you think there’s a chance Dawkins DOESNT take the offer?

Fantastic pickup if you ask me. We need a versatile guy who can guard multiple positions. Imagine if we had him guarding Garry Harris or yogi ferrel. His weaknesses are John Beilein’s strengths.

Gotta believe a National Championship runner up / Elite 8 appearances helped us land 2 solid 2 star guards. Wth…
I am solidly disappointed. We have turned our success to do nothing for our recruiting.

Ben, I would agree if not for the fact that this is the late signing period and it’s slim pickings at the moment. The big talents have already decided where they will be going and now it’s the coaches’ jobs to find the next diamond in the rough. I trust JB and believe that he knows what he is doing, but I think the coaching staff may be acting a bit frantic since NIk and Glenn announced for the draft. Personally, I am not the biggest proponent of either MAAR or Dawkins, but if I had to pick one, I’d definitely take the former. What has me a bit confused is that we have also offered Dawkins, which doesn’t really make much sense in my opinion. We lost one 2/3 in Nik and now we may be replacing him with two players that serve the same role. In a world of unlimited scholarships, I would be fine with this move, but we don’t have unlimited scholarships, which is why we have to be more conscientious as to who we are offering. If Dawkins does commit, we now have a logjam at the 2 for the next couple years and may alienate players who I consider more talented like Jalen Coleman and Eric Davis from committing. Hopefully Dawkins doesn’t commit or if he does, he becomes an all B1G type player, because if neither of the aforementioned options occur, we may have some drop off at the SG position.

Ben, I would agree if not for the fact that this is the late signing period and it's slim pickings at the moment. The big talents have already decided where they will be going

This isn’t true.

The staff went conservative and didn’t want to go head to head w/ elite programs for Eron Harris, Sviat, Huff, Obi, etc.

The “every 3 star will turn into a lottery pick” meme has become nauseating and borderline delusional amongst some in the fanbase.

With that said, MAAR and Dawkins should be productive 4year role players.

This offer has me really wondering about Mitch now? If we get any of the big guard/wing talents we are supposedly in on in 15, these kids would appear to be transfer candidates, unless they’re happy with scout team work. Really weird to me. Do we need bodies next year that bad? Perhaps.

I totally agree with those who are confused/bemused with offering both of these guys. Why not hold out for Harris, Shayak, Huff, Obi? Not to mention we also are in on a lot more talented wing players in 2015 like the Jalens, Aherns and McQuade. A lot can happen before then but I’d rather bank a scholly then take 2 redundant depth players.