Moussa Diabate declares for NBA Draft, will retain eligibility

They never HAVE to announce anything. Just submit paperwork to the NBA if they choose to be included in the draft.

1 Like

his name will be on a list released by the NBA in the next 24-48 hrs if he indeed submitted

1 Like

Thatā€™s what I was more asking. I thought his name would be on some paperwork by now that would come up

Thanks, would have thought there was some type of paperwork that some in the know or media could have got their hands on by this morning.

Seems like @eric_shap is insinuating that heā€™s working out for the draft right now

If he had stayed, it would have been announced by Michigan

2 Likes

Playing catch up is really hard and we didnā€™t see IQ worries on his scouting report coming into school.

1 Like

His IQ isnā€™t an issue. Thatā€™s just Freshman stuff. He has great footwork on O and D.

His problem is he isnā€™t a good shooter, and itā€™s hard to putting him in the 4 really feels old school with the lack of spacing. At the 5 he is good fit because of his footwork, but he isnā€™t really a primary rim protectorā€¦yet.

His effort is top notch and if he can start playing above the rim his athleticism is a real asset.

Shooting can be improved (see TWill) but his FT shooting doesnā€™t give high confidence that heā€™ll change it up.

He is a freshman, and I hope that he comes back because I think heā€™ll get lost in the G-leagueā€¦but if he finds a team that gives him a 1st round promiseā€¦ and has the patienceā€¦with his effort I could see him blow up.

3 Likes

Like Iā€™ve said before, Iā€™m not gonna forget that triple on Gillespie any time soon. Yā€™all are welcome to make of it what you want. Nothing about it says ā€œNBA level IQā€ to me.

2 Likes

This is about what is usually meant by IQ and about what I mean FTR.

2 Likes

I think your comment about getting lost in the G league is an interesting one. There are a lot of very talented players in there these days and it isnā€™t quite clear how successful players are at moving from the G League into the big show. In general it seems like it would be a more rewarding experience to play in crowded arenas on national TV while trying to hang banners and win trophies instead of toiling away in the G league. However, there may be some proteins that would rather develop you themselves instead of trusting it to a college program, you can make money in the G League, and some players may feel like they donā€™t have enough opportunity on their college team to showcase their skills. Not to mention the fact that you have to at least sort of go to school at the same time.

Along those lines, I wonder how much Hunters decision will impact Diabate.

2 Likes

It will be interesting to see how he fares at the combine! I hope that he comes back, but I would put it at 50/50

Like Moussa, Caleb is testing the waters