Michigan Players in the NBA

Levert playing less than Burke really speaks to all his early career injuries wow

2 Likes

THJ has already played more games than Mills and Vaught? Wow.

Old enough to remember when we didnā€™t have enough guys in the league for wolverine on wolverine violence

https://x.com/thehoopcentral/status/1765558309636165839?s=46&t=PiAu_gjKld2ZlZp0tW1s3g

2 Likes

Dylan should give Flynn a badge as official UMHOOP historian.

3 Likes

JP can either be amazing or awful with no in between.

5 Likes

The top 5 would make a pretty good starting 5:

Green, Rose, Crawford, Rice, Howard

I would make Crawford my sixth man and start Webber with that top six.

1 Like

Hall of famers by big ten school:

Indiana 4
OSU 4
Michigan 2
Minnesota 2
Iowa 2
MSU 1
Illinois 1
Purdue 0
Rutgers 0
Northwestern 0
Maryland 0
PSU 0
Nebraska 0
Wisconsin 0

And the newcomers:
UCLA 6
USC 3
Washington 1
Oregon 0

There is truly no greater feeling than impressing the other sickos on an online message board lol thank you sir

8 Likes

The basketball HoF is a little odd since it isnā€™t as linked to the NBA as other HoFā€™s are. I will admit that the OSU ā€œ4ā€ surprised me so I looked it up. A couple of big namesā€¦but all four were from the 1950s & 1960s.

Didnā€™t Rudy get in as a coach?

Yes. Frankly, I think heā€™s pretty worthy as a player. Multiple time college all american, 5 time all-star (career pretty much permanently altered by injury), gold medal winner

3 Likes

Who else other than Havliceck and Lucas are in the hall?

Sorry - should have linked when I was in it before. There technically are 10 HoF people from OSU when you count womenā€™s basketball and coaches. The four players are John Havlicek, Jerry Lucas, Neil Johnston, and Arnie Risen.

https://www.hoophall.com/hall-of-famers/query/?q=ohio+state

The problem with their search function though is that it didnā€™t spit out Rudy T when I searched for Michigan. I suspect @DeAngeloVickers had a better list when he shared the B10 inductees than what I found.

Going 20th isnā€™t that high. TIMMAY went 24th, so thatā€™s pretty comprable.

I was comparing Levert / THJ to Duncan - who is younger and went undrafted while spending 1.5 years in the G-League.

1 Like

UCLA will at least add Westbrook. I donā€™t think Love had enough good years to warrant a nod. Our hopes lie in Franz taking it to all-star level for many years. It could happen.

Ah. My bad.