Michigan offers five-star guard Joshua Christopher

His brother is just about to start playing for ASU. Might be an uphill battle on this one already, but gotta figure that in most categories, outside of family angle, Michigan would have a nice story to tell and a leg up.

that will make Dylan extra busy this summer.

2 Likes

An attacking the basket guard who can finish in traffic with athleticism. Yes please!

As Iā€™ve stated in other threads, 4-5 star prospects are going to be getting a lot of love from Juwan and staff going forward.

The guy is going to recruit. Count on that.

2 Likes

I am on the fence in regards to making the official offer prior to stepping foot on campus.

Just about every other school does this

4 Likes

I canā€™t think of any example of another coach that has that policy.

The bigger question isnā€™t really about offering without visiting or whatever, but are you going to offer 30 kids like Kansas or 5 to 10 prospects that are actually your priorities like other schools choose to do.

Either way, you arenā€™t going to get a commitment (especially one that sticks) from a kid who has never visited campus.

11 Likes

Hi, Debbie Downer here.

I think that this is great for us idiot fans and for the playersā€™ social media accounts. I will concede up front that going big is the right move for Howardā€™s initial offers. He needs to get the Michigan name out there. That said, Juwan has not heard the word No yet from a targeted player. He has not been strung along for months (years?) by a player enamored with the recruiting process, only to have them choose a nonsense school instead.

I know I will change my tune once the first big talent signs with Michigan, but for now Iā€™m keeping my early expectations in check. Being interested in someone is not an accomplishment. We fans just finished being interested in Billy Donovan and Brad Stevens, too, right?

4 Likes

Pretty sure Juwan was able to watch him at the USA basketball camp because Jett participated there too.

Jett was playing in a U16 minicamp, so Christopher wouldnā€™t have been there.

4 Likes

That thread is interesting as well. Has Rod Strickland and Nick Van Exel both implying they think Juwan will be a natural recruiter.

Wow! Thereā€™s a high degree of confidence on that thread that Juwan will kill it on the trail.

1 Like

Seems that Rod Strickland is very close to the Vegas Elite guy.

1 Like

Pretty sure what I read was in reference to this camp. I just wish I can remember where I read the info.

Ah, there you go. Didnā€™t know if Juwan was at that event, it was back in April it looks like. Thought you meant the one when he was hired.

He got lucky, the Heat played in Minny on April 5th.

Any chance this kid can reclassify? Heā€™d step right into a starting role and probably be the top offensive option next year

1 Like