Michigan in TBT

Hopefully at least a handful of these names play.

I wonder why they even bothered doing clips of like 14 guys if they aren’t confirmed. They might as well have tossed in Juwan, CWebb and Jalen in the clips too

3 Likes

Probably just Devin Funchess

1 Like

My tier list of UM professional non-NBA players

Tier 1:
Simpson
Walton
Crawford
Burke

Tier 2:
Stauskas
Brazdeikas
Wilson
MAAR
Brown

Tier 3
Teske
Morgan
Irvin
Brooks

Tier 4
Matthews
Chatman

Tier 8
Davis

Tier 9
Funchess

2 Likes

I think it’s TBT attempting to possibly sway some of those guys? or get it on their radar

2 Likes

Yeah, I guess that it comes from the Michigan basketball account is what throws me off

4 Likes

My research discorvered that MAAR is playing in Italy on the same team as Davide Moretti. Who you may remember as one of the players that ended John Beilein

4 Likes

Why Stauskas Tier 2? Because he isn’t currently playing and might be rusty? He torches TBT level of competition.

Iggy kills that level of competition too.

4 Likes

Yes cause he is likely not as in form as Tier 1.

Tier 2 guys are all very good, and I put that list together in 2 minutes so I’m not going to staunchly argue it lol. Maybe Stauskas and Iggy could be in Tier 2 by themselves? All Tier 2 and above are good to great GLeague/European players. If the team can get even 2 of those guys they’ll be a good team

3 Likes

I’m not really clear on why, but Nik hasn’t played pro basketball in a year. I assume rust/fitness would be a factor if he’s playing against G Leauge/European Pros.

Don’t think Burke or Jamaal have played for awhile either tho.

1 Like

appointment viewing

2 Likes

I thought you were just making up some Italian-sounding name for David Merritt.

They deleted the original tweet and reposted with slightly more clarifying language. Seems like this isn’t a sure thing

Wasn’t the original tweet all question marks too? I just read it as consideration of putting a team together. I’m assuming TBT is pushing for one.

Don’t think it came off as “this is the real roster”.

1 Like

It didn’t to me but it did to some. They added the “we’ll make some calls” part

It’s the same video but they fixed the Joe Teske typo.

6 Likes

Good news. Nik is in

7 Likes

I am 100% going to watch this for the Beilein All Stars nostalgia

5 Likes

Yeah Stauskas was able to get on an NBA roster due to his G League play as recently as last year. I’d probably put him ahead of Walton (only time he’s played in the NBA recently has been because of COVID outages) and Crawford (insanely old).

2 Likes

Feel like Walton coming off of an All-Star title winning season in the NBL would be a better bet than Stauskas coming off of a … retirement year?

4 Likes

My ideal TBT lineup is

Simpson
Burke
Stauskas
Iggy
Wilson

With Walton first off the bench.

I don’t know how big and physical the bigs are in TBT to know if they could get by with DJ at the 5 though. Against bigger teams can lean on Teske and Morgan more.

Obviously Crawford would be fun too because he thrives in a pick up ball setting with his saucy handle and ability to get buckets.

1 Like