Michigan earns No. 2 seed, will face Montana in Des Moines

We aren’t that good in transition for whatever reason. Other than Simpson, guys don’t seem to make the right pass often enough.

Totally agree. There was a cool transition dunk today, X to Jon to Iggy. Seems like after every defensive rebound the guards are content walking it up. This time bigs sprinted, and X luckily noticed after a couple dribbles.

Poole is absolutely dogging it in the first 15 seconds of the shot clock. His defense today was hard to watch. McQuaid owns him.

Yep. Simpson has vision and intelligence with the ball. Iggy and Charles do not see the court well. They only have eyes for the basket. Poole is capable, but he just goes brain dead.

I really like the draw. My concern was that there’d be a potential pre-regional final matchup with a team that could out-athlete or overpower Michigan. I don’t see that potential at all with this draw. FSU or Gonzaga in a potential regional final would be a problem, but until then, I think Michigan is fine if they play well.

Michigan’s path to the Elite Eight will not be easy, but it is doable! Montana does not have anyone that can guard Teske and their best big, Jamar Akoh is out with an knee injury! The next round will be a challenge because they will face the winner of the Florida/Nevada game. Nevada in particular worries me because they are very experienced and took out Cincinnati in the 7/2 game last season! Should Michigan advance, they will face a Texas Tech team in the third round like Michigan that can play great defense, but offense can disappear at times! Gonzaga will be a threat in this region, but they can be beaten and I won’t be surprised if Syracuse or FSU takes the Zags out (I think that Noles have a better chance than the Orange). Outside of the MSU game in the BTT, the offense was clicking so I am not super worried about it and the defense has stepped up too!