Juwan Howard Coaching Rumors

Here’s the meme

8 Likes

Also a good sign for his assumed return that Hunter Retweeted it

10 Likes

Can we discuss the fact that multiple NBA franchises have seen Penny Hardaway coach basketball and decided that his work warrants an interview?

17 Likes

from Imgflip Meme Generator

16 Likes

I :heart: our coach.

5 Likes

Maybe Juwan and his wife can adopt a middle schooler that plays good basketball in the next couple years.:thinking:

3 Likes

:blush:

7 Likes

They are the Pacers of the west. I know this all too well as a Pacers fan.

2 Likes

Here’s hoping the “job” is “five national championships” and not “one national championship” or “seeing my sons through to graduation and/or the pros” :pray:

(though to be clear, I would be thrilled with “just” one national championship)

10 Likes

I’d like 5 titles too. But of course one would be… incredible.

And, let’s be honest: if Juwan were to win a national title next season or the season after, and a good NBA opening comes calling… hard to think he won’t think hard about that, right?

3 Likes

I would think he’d be here as long as his sons are at a minimum, though it may depend on which organization comes calling. The Heat, for instance, don’t hire coaches very often.

And, yes, one would be absolutely incredible, and I will support Juwan leaving whenever he feels it’s right for him.

5 Likes

I will affix myself to his ankles and cry until things are so awkward Juwan pledges to stay for life.

8 Likes

Hack = Stan van Gundy?

Thank you for staying in touch w the local sporting scene!

Whew. You came very, VERY close to doxxing me there.

7 Likes

I think Jenine will be a factor in all of this as well. She LOVES watching her sons play. Got real hype when Jace got that And 1 this season. So I think she is a plus for us as well as long as Jace and Jett are here.

Then, I also think she and Juwan are more likely to go to a Miami or LA than a Portland just for their lifestyle. She is a great follow on insta if you don’t already.

1 Like

If Spoelstra were to go home to Portland at some point, where he’s from, that feels like the most logical scenario for Juwan to leave and take over in Miami

Miami is definitely the only job that would scare me in 2021.

5 Likes

Yea or maybe even Spo lives out the rest of the Jimmy Butler competitive arc and then leaves

NO NO NO. This is not what we want to see. Spo loves the Heat and their organization and is not leaving. (Right?)

Juwan isn’t going anywhere. If it I say it enough, I believe it.

4 Likes