Juwan Howard Coaching Rumors

I can’t possibly imagine Spo leaving Miami…but I would have said the same about Beilein or Stevens leaving his coaching spot, etc.

1 Like

Is Spo pulling an Ed Cooley and leaking his name to get an extension/raise?

Ok if Miami opens then I’ll really start sweating cuz that is the NBA organization and place he considers home.

3 Likes

All that tweet says is Portland is discussing him. Which of course they would! Long term the Heat are in a much better position than the Blazers

5 Likes
10 Likes

I mean, more like DOA, but thanks for the confirmation

1 Like

Mavericks job just opened up. Must say that is a very interesting job imo. Got a top 5 guy in the NBA to build around. I’d put that job up there with the Celtics for top available jobs.

3 Likes

Whoa. Wonder what’s what there.

Can probably take some solace in the way the Mavs job opened up. Going from the Bob Voulgaris vs. Mavs Front Office vs. Luka Athletic story to Cuban’s denial to Donnie and Carlisle bailing suggests that might not be the most stable situation rn and it’s easy to imagine Juwan got the inside scoop there.

Just read the story. Wow.

1 Like

I mean yes and no. Cuban also never fired Carlisle for 13 years and the coach chose to walk away rather than the owner firing the coach. Coaches rarely last 3 years anymore before being canned. I feel like Cuban gives a ton of stability and flexibility most the time if a coach can survive for 13 years and for a stretch there they weren’t very good either.

3 Likes

#LDFP is what’s going on!

1 Like