Juwan Howard Coaching Rumors - Summer 2022

What’s a disaster in this context? I’d take the under on him making the tourney 80% of the time. I’d also take the over if that’s what you gave me on % of games I’d claw my eyes out watching his offense.

Damn. This rumors has more legs than I originally anticipated……

Howard played a couple years with Pelinka as well.

1 Like

I say this as a nuggets fan but the fact is, yeah the lakers have issues but so does pretty much every franchise. Its still in la, the most iconic franchise in the nba with two top 10 players(both of which have preexisting relationships with juwan). They make a big run that will be very hard for juwan to turn down.

2 Likes

From my understanding is too if they go all out for him which includes Lebron getting involved, there’s a decent chance. Everything @goblue8 said above is true and with a couple smart additions/subtractions to the roster I think they could be right back in contention next year. A healthy Lebron and AD is as good of a combo that there is in the NBA still.

1 Like

For the 23-24 season, the Lakers only have 2 players currently scheduled to be under contract: Anthony Davis and Talen Horton-Tucker (player option.)

They could reload through free agency pretty quickly.

How much can you trust LeBron though? He has 1 year remaining on his deal, getting older. I would hope Juwan would get sold on more than just coaching LeBron.

1 Like

Yeah, this is what I would be worried about if I were a possible coach. The Lakers have no picks and no cap room while banking on aging stars with injury risk. LeBron has shown that he has a 4 year run everywhere he goes and the odds of him staying out if he doesn’t think he can win are low. Even if everything goes best case…how long would it last?

1 Like

Juwan is not going to the Lakers jfc

7 Likes

Remember Laker GM Rob Pelinko was Juwan’s teammate in AA.

Wow this is an impressive level of hysteria even for Michigan fans. 0.0% chance that this is a thing guys. He’s not leaving with Jace and Jett on the roster. Period. End of story.

13 Likes

True though Pelinka is on quite thin ice himself.

1 Like

Yeah I regret posting that article link, I really meant it as a joke. Juwan isn’t leaving anytime soon

1 Like

Remember, Jett Howard allegedly has a very close personal relationship with Juwan. Don’t quote me.

16 Likes

There’s no response here that even a bit resembles “hysteria”. People were very skeptical until somebody w some sources said it’s at least possible and now the consensus is it’s possible.

Meanwhile, I dk how you can have spent the last however many years of wild ish happening everywhere without coming away with a lot of skepticism about what you can know with certainty.

5 Likes

Anyone who wants to make a bet on this happening, let me know.

2 Likes

Cooley is a good coach. That will make the tourney most years.

1 Like

I can say with complete certainty that it’s complete nonsense. Juwan is going to move across the country and ditch his sons? To coach a 90 year old LeBron? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight

1 Like

Goodness, is there anything easier than claiming you’re sure something that’s e.g. 1% to hit will never happen?

1 Like

At what odds?

1 Like