Isaiah Livers out indefinitely with groin injury

Like the MSU game in February?

1 Like

I have asked you guys over and over and over again to stop debating people who write on other sites. Same case here. Please stop.

Welcome to link to articles other people write, encouraged to even (especially if they are good).

No need to debate the merits of every site on the internet however you feel about it. Debate the content in an article? Thatā€™s all fair game.

7 Likes

Yā€™all hear about that Dylan guy? Spotty analysis at best.

15 Likes

Regardless of whether or not Livers plays, we can beat these dudes. X, Eli, and Jon need to be their best selves, and 2/3 of Johns, Franz, and DDJ give us wild-card good performances a la the Oregon gameā€¦ limit turnovers, hit some 3ā€™s, and that will be enough to make it a game going into the last few minutes.

2 Likes

Torvikā€™s numbers look about right to me. 10-8 seems pretty likely at this point.

Iā€™m LOLing at the fact that if someone told me at the end of last March that Jordan Poole, Charles Matthews, Ignas Brazdeikis, Isaiah Livers and John Beilein would all not be involved in this game, I would have spit out my drink and predicted a 50 point loss.

Now here I am toasting to the last decade of Michigan basketball optimistic that we can go into the Breslin and kick their a** Sunday.

14 Likes

End of last March, you could add no Jalen Wilson to that hypothetical too. It wouldā€™ve been comical that it could even be a game, but here we are. Hopefully they can put themselves in position to be in position.

9 Likes

Friday against Iowa will be almost 4 weeks. Sounds like groin is usually 4 to 6 weeks depending on severity. Anyone hear ANY hints/rumors/murmurs about severity or his recovery?

Saw him comment on some B1G Instagram post ā€œnot for longā€ which is concrete proof that heā€™s definitely all better and back to 30+ mins a game.

15 Likes

Hope this means heā€™s back for Iowa.

6 Likes

Has Juwan commented on his status recently?

He told us after Minnesota that weā€™d have to ask Isaiah. Isaiah has not been made available to the media.

We will see what Juwan says tomorrow.

Looking ahead, if we have him back by Penn State next Wednesday, we have a decent set of 8 winnable games (PSU/ILL/@NEB/RUT(MSG),OSU/MSU/@NW/IND).

Obviously not expecting 8-0 there, but really hope he is back for that. Could be the difference between a 3 or 4 seed to an 8 or 9 seed.

Hope tomorrow goes well, but with Iowaā€™s home form lately and getting chewed up by Garza in round 1, almost counting that as an L even if Livers plays.

3 Likes

Who knows. This team is so unpredictable. Maybe blowing the last game Game lights a fire and they steal this road game. I think Howard has to see some adjustments he needs to make with players minutes ect. Iā€™m thinking we see much more of the three guard lineup along with johns at the four primarily from here on out until livers is back.

4 Likes

So no Franz Wagner at the 3 or 4?

Juwan says that heā€™s not quite sure if Livers is available or not tomorrow.

I believe Sly was implying Franz at the 4 during the 3 guard lineup and Franz at the 3 when Johns is at the 4

Sorry I meant the 3 guard lineup with Franz at the four or our standard line up with johns in for livers. I wrote it in a very confusing manor.

Bingo, thanks for the assist. Letā€™s hope it goes that way. Although the three guard lineup with johns could make sense too when Franz rests. So maybe all three?

Isaiah running in a pool is good progress just not likely to play in the next couple games (in my uneducated opinion)

1 Like