Iffff we were to look for a coach who would be realistic targets?

Nooooooooooo oh my gosh I could not be less excited for this hire

2 Likes

I mean, if itā€™s ā€œtrueā€, I hope itā€™s literal in that he would accept an offer, but that an offer hasnā€™t actually been made.

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™m not putting stock into it until some bigger names are saying this.

1 Like

Please no. This would be a ridiculous thing to do, especially before even interviewing Juwan.

4 Likes

One has to be suspicious, given that an interview with Juwan is widely reported to be taking place tomorrow. Withholding judgement. . .

1 Like

This makes it feel less true:

1 Like

Yeah, that makes it feel like itā€™s coming from his agent. We almost certainly wouldnā€™t be talking about money at this point.

1 Like

Yeah that would be an EXTREME overpay

1 Like

Well it doesnā€™t say if itā€™s $6 mil total or per year.

Iā€™d guess total.

Man I hope to god this isnā€™t true. Cooley was last on my list of the plausible candidates. This would reek of WM hiring one of his buddies.

2 Likes

It would have to be annual. Any contract we give will be for 5-6 years, and weā€™re not only paying $1M per season.

1 Like

That kid looks like a basketball announcer on the student network?

I guess it could be plausible?

Youā€™ve gotta be kidding me. $6 million for Cooleyā€¦if thatā€™s true then Iā€™m really questioning Warde. Beilein made less than $4. Izzo makes $4.5. Smart would be valued closer to $6 than Cooley imo. He definitely isnā€™t worth $6 mill either. Not close.

I donā€™t know, I sincerely doubt we are making Cooley a top five paid coach.

1 Like

Whatever. I guess I will just hold my breath and hope it all works out.

OK, looking at this guyā€™s Twitter page, heā€™s a current student at Providence and has all of 358 followers. So yeah, probably not reliable.

3 Likes

This is why Iā€m taking it with a massive grain of salt. No way this is his salary if he does end up being hired. If it were, Warde should be fired by the regents on the spot.

Why are these tweets time stamped 4 or 5 hours ahead of us? Are these UK tweets?

The message board messes with timestamps on tweets that get embedded. On my list to fix this summer.

1 Like