Iffff we were to look for a coach who would be realistic targets?

So we’re going to call off the Juwan interview tomorrow? Seems a bit fishy. Maybe a leverage play?

2 Likes

God I hope this is a troll job

3 Likes

Nooooooooooo oh my gosh I could not be less excited for this hire

2 Likes

I mean, if it’s “true”, I hope it’s literal in that he would accept an offer, but that an offer hasn’t actually been made.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m not putting stock into it until some bigger names are saying this.

1 Like

Please no. This would be a ridiculous thing to do, especially before even interviewing Juwan.

4 Likes

One has to be suspicious, given that an interview with Juwan is widely reported to be taking place tomorrow. Withholding judgement. . .

1 Like

This makes it feel less true:

1 Like

Yeah, that makes it feel like it’s coming from his agent. We almost certainly wouldn’t be talking about money at this point.

1 Like

Yeah that would be an EXTREME overpay

1 Like

Well it doesn’t say if it’s $6 mil total or per year.

I’d guess total.

Man I hope to god this isn’t true. Cooley was last on my list of the plausible candidates. This would reek of WM hiring one of his buddies.

2 Likes

It would have to be annual. Any contract we give will be for 5-6 years, and we’re not only paying $1M per season.

1 Like

That kid looks like a basketball announcer on the student network?

I guess it could be plausible?

You’ve gotta be kidding me. $6 million for Cooley…if that’s true then I’m really questioning Warde. Beilein made less than $4. Izzo makes $4.5. Smart would be valued closer to $6 than Cooley imo. He definitely isn’t worth $6 mill either. Not close.

I don’t know, I sincerely doubt we are making Cooley a top five paid coach.

1 Like

Whatever. I guess I will just hold my breath and hope it all works out.

OK, looking at this guy’s Twitter page, he’s a current student at Providence and has all of 358 followers. So yeah, probably not reliable.

3 Likes

This is why I”m taking it with a massive grain of salt. No way this is his salary if he does end up being hired. If it were, Warde should be fired by the regents on the spot.