Gregg Glenn III enters transfer portal

I think Glenn could be good at UCF or South Florida.

Needs to go to a team which will allow him to have the ball his hands some.

2 Likes

The takeaway is that ā€œfour-starā€ is a dumb term because thereā€™s a massive difference between the 31st recruit and the 135th recruit and all are called ā€œfour starsā€.

Glenn also definitely doesnā€™t qualify as a lack of research given his relationship with Juwan Howard and his family.

Barnes and Tschetter were late risers during a time when the world was shut down.

Jace is the head coachā€™s son. Thinking the research was fine.

Kobe Bufkin was a ā€œfour-starā€ and he turned into a first round pick in two seasons.

11 Likes

Ok my bad, I swear I looked up Jace and the headline said Jace was a 4 star but canā€™t find it now, lol. Well heā€™s still a bust at least! :rofl:

If Howard somehow knew we werenā€™t going to make the tourney last year do you think he would have played some of those guys more to at least develop or evaluate? I guess he probably got enough evaluations out of practices I guess.

2 Likes

Really opened myself up to getting dunked on in this thread, damn :rofl:

4 Likes

Heā€™s playing about how youā€™d think the 400th rated guy in his class should be expected to play. Hard to call that a bust

7 Likes

I give Jace a lot of credit for his hustle at least heā€™s trying. If only Jett got some of those cells, maybe Jace used them all up and there was nothing left. We clearly need more hustle from top to bottom and it feels like next year weā€™ll be better in that regard at least.

2 Likes

your comments are kinda weird ngl

6 Likes

Always strange to me when I see posters that have made the conscious decisions to both subscribe and troll

1 Like

If hustle is the main ingredient then start Cheddar at every position simultaneously. Boom Hustled!!

Odd topic, especially within the Glenn thread, which we know why he was recruited here specificallyā€¦

Some of the evaluation ā€œmissesā€œ across the country are simply due to some limited recruiting access during the pandemic. I just think that gets very lost amid the complications our coach has had to face in the beginning of his career. Itā€™s not like he could lean on Phil or Saddi for the new landscape of recruiting.

4 Likes

Point taken. But some things like rebounds are about who wants it more not always whoā€™s more skilled thatā€™s all I meant.

I donā€™t post much, didnā€™t expect to be called a troll but thatā€™s fine. Iā€™ve been a fan since the Gary Grant days and Iā€™m always emotionally attached to the teams. Love UM bball and this site. Iā€™ll just disappear nowā€¦

10 Likes

The correct Star rankings are powers of 2.

1-2 8 stars
3-4 7 stars
5-8 6 stars
9-16 5 stars
17-32 4 stars
33-64 3 stars
65-128 (most of the guys you mention) 2 stars

129 ok sure good luck in the BIG10

Basketball recruiting scouting is pretty good and the do a nice job at the top the class.

8 Likes

I like this system. makes sense

1 Like

Im not very creative but it is simple! And maybe not fake.

1 Like

Glenn, Barnes and Tschetter were all outside the top 100. You arenā€™t a 4 star at that point imo. Itā€™s not unexpected for that level of player to not be rotation caliber in the B1G

I donā€™t think a single site had any of those guys in the top 100. They all got the basic ā€œyouā€™re committed to a top 20 programā€ rank

The Vogrich Realm

2 Likes

There are over 200,000 high school varsity boys basketball players in America. 75-80 thousand of them are seniors. Say what you will, but any player who is ranked 101 or 110 or 120 is a hlluva player. What an amazing accomplishment it would be to be more highly ranked than 99.85% of ALL the high schools boysā€™ basketball players in America. I can only imagine. Think about itā€¦

Of course, star ratings are somewhat arbitrary, but a player ranked outside of the top 100 may still be tremendously talented, more talented than I have ever personally known.

• There are approximately 17,000 high schools in America that sponsor boys basketball, that I know. Most schools have 12 or 13 players on their varsity team. I estimated that about 40% of varsity players are seniors, though thatā€™s certainly not cut in stone and may even be on the low end percentage wise. So, I admit my numbers arenā€™t exact but I believe them to be close approximations and probably a pretty fair representation of the numbers.
6 Likes

Hang in there, keep posting and donā€™t take it personally. Your perspective has value.

10 Likes

By the way, just to let everyone know, using the numbers Iā€™ve used in my illustration above and using Jaceā€™s number 389 composite ranking (247), he was ranked better than 99.51% of high school seniors during his senior year. While some may claim that heā€™s not ā€œgood enoughā€ to play at Michigan, and I donā€™t disagree that he might have been a greater contributor, on the floor, in games, at a mid or lower tier DI school, he is, nevertheless, a talented player. I will also say this, if there are people who want to complain about how much playing time Jace gets, I would suggest those folk take it up with the coach whose job it is to make those determinations. Nahā€¦didnā€™t think so, but what a concept. :wink:

1 Like

So thereā€™s no more questioning a playerā€™s playing time. Well, that doesnā€™t seem to be the standard on sportā€™s sites.

2 Likes